Menu
SAgnew
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Red light on router

Hi,

The light on the front of our router has suddenly changed from white to a solid red. The broadband speed has also appeared to have dropped to between 28 & 150mbps.should be 200+

The router is well vented but does feel hot. It's been in the same location for over a year with no problems.

Any suggestions? 

0 Kudos
gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Red light on router

Turn it off for 30-60 minutes then back on again and see if it still does it. 

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
Andrew-G
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

The Hub 3 has (in my experience) usually felt warm to touch, but a red light indicates overheating.  Recent reports in the forum imply that there has been a bad batch of hubs that are overly sensitive and indicate overheating when they are not, but whether that applies or not you need a new hub. 

I'd try and phone in, but chances of getting through are small, and smaller still for a sentient English speaking humanoid.  You can text it in, or wait for the forum staff to pick this up and deal with it (that last one is my personal choice).

In the meanwhile, you might choose to leave it turned off - that's the sensible option.  Personally I'd make sure that the hub is turned off overnight and if I'm out of the house, but otherwise continue to use it (I'm reckless like that).  If you're used to leaving it on 24/7, then remember that it takes 10 minutes to get its act together after being turned on.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
SAgnew
Tuning in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I have tried having it off overnight, done a full reboot and reduced the amount of devices we have connected to WIFi all no change! Still Red

0 Kudos
Martin_N
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi SAgnew,

Thank you for your post. I'm very sorry to hear about this. 

I will private message you so we can look into this. 

^Martin

0 Kudos