cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recurring Slow Speed

H1037593
On our wavelength

For months now I have been experiencing regular periods of very slow speed broadband (less than 8mbps download on a M100). These periods happen at different times of the day, with no warning and mean that video calls drop out and streaming crashes. If the issues sometimes resolve themselves after 5-10 mins but when the don’t they can be sorted by rebooting my router. 

I’ve tried moving my router and resetting it but the problems continue to occur. I’ve tried contacting Virgin by phone but they just reboot the rooter remotely and it solves the immediate issue but they just reoccur. Virgin’s customer services team don’t seem interested in helping solve the problem properly, probably due to the fact that Virgin are the only provider of cable broadband on our street so they have a monopoly and don’t care about solving my issue as I’m likely to stay anyway. 

Does anyone have any ideas of how I could solve these problems please?

34 REPLIES 34

Hi H1037593

Thanks for coming back to us. Apologies it's not fixed. I've checked and the date is tomorrow at midday. 

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

H1037593
On our wavelength

Thank you for looking into this @John_GS. Unfortunately it seems you have failed to meet yet another deadline. The same problems persist tonight with just 3Mbps download possible. Can you look into it again please and try and get an accurate fix date. This is getting a little silly now. 

Sorry to hear this @H1037593,

Looking into the local area, the network coverage issue has been pushed back to 22/10/21 at 12:00pm.

Sadly the time and dates that are offered any estimates only, but we do hope that this can be brought forward and therefore resolved as soon as possible for you, and the other residents effected.

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

H1037593
On our wavelength

@David_Bn, Thank you for your reply. This is very disappointing as the first fix date I was given, back in April, was 31/08/21. It seems a bit poor that you’re now not expecting a fix until late October which is nearly 7 months since I first reported the problem on this forum and around a year from the problems first occurring. Could you please explain the reason for this delay? Can you also offer me an ongoing discount on my package until you’re able to offer a reliable service please?

Tom_F
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi H1037593, we understand this will be far from ideal - unfortunately the work required to fix an issue like this can take some time.

You would usually be receive credits on your bill when impacted by an issue like this, so we can look further into that for you I will get in touch via PM.

Tom