cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recent updated to 200Meg Slower than before. 67down and 0.51 up

urbanbumpkin
Dialled in

I've recently upgraded from 100 Meg to 200meg broadband. I'm currently getting 67down and 0.51 up. I've rebooted the router on a number of occasions but it's still the same speed.

Any suggestions?

15 REPLIES 15

urbanbumpkin
Dialled in

I've logged a fault with Virgin Fault have provisionally been told there is a fault, received a text to say there wasn't any issues and then spoke to someone who believed there was and it would be rectified by March the the 10th

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @urbanbumpkin 

The fault may show up on the automated Service Status number  0800 561 0061.  This often gives details of more local issues down to postcode level.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @urbanbumpkin,

Welcome back to our Community Forums! Thank you for your post and I'm very sorry to hear that you're having some speed issues after your upgrade!

Have you been able to reset your Hub to see if this can help show your new speeds? I was able to run some checks on our systems and I cannot see any issues that could be impacting your service at the moment. There are no active area issues that could be impacting you. The area fault that was recently active was resolved on 04/03/22. 

Please complete a reset and let us know if your speeds have come through. It's best to run checks on a wired connection as well for best results. 🙂

Keep us updated.

Thank you.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Thanks for the reply. The internet connection is a lot more stable. However I’m only consistently getting 126 meg down. Up is good though 20 which I believe is what it should be

Hi @urbanbumpkin thanks for getting back to us.

In regards to the speeds your receiving, more so around the downloads, can you advise if this is via a wired or wireless connection?  If wireless, would you be able to do a hard wired test on a PC/Laptop?

Regards

Lee_R

I’ve just tried wired and I’m getting 113 down and 16 up.

I did try wireless when it was first set up and I was getting over 200 down and 20 up

Sorry to hear this issue is still ongoing for you @urbanbumpkin

I have taken a look at our systems and can see no issues at our end or in the area. 

Can you confirm what device and OS you are using to run a speed test and what speed test site you are using? 

Please make sure that the device you using to run the speed test is also fully updated with it's software and drivers. 

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley

I'm still getting the same issues. I did receive a text about essential maintenance work that was taking place yesterday. I'm running this on a laptop using Microsoft. Since having the upgrade to 200 I've only managed to have 1 speed test that's resembled this speed it should be. 

iPhone is exactly the same

What can you see from your side?

Hi @urbanbumpkin,

Thank you for getting back to us on this. I've just checked things on our end again and there are no faults currently being detected on the line to explain this. Is this ongoing for you today?

If it is, I understand from your last post that you're running the speed test on your laptop, but is that through a wired connection? If it isn't, can you run one and let us know the results?

Let us know how you get on either way.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!