cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Really slow speeds for 3 months and unable to speak to anyone

Alexandramunro
Joining in

I am getting download speed average of 25mbps....and I am going round in circles with automated BOTS and Links on the website and non have resolved the problem so now I am completely stuck - any suggestions?

1. We pay for 100mbps
2. I am using a wired link but still poor speeds
3. I have run multiple wifi checks, we have a booster and wifi status is reported as good in all rooms
4.The hub is in a good open space not blocked by anything
5. The cable in to the is secure
6. I have completed all re boots and re starts multliple times
7. Download is on average 25mbps every day as we check it, upload seems fine at average of 10mbps
8. I have tested my connections on the virigin website and there are no issues coming into the house but it fails to connect to the hub so I get stuck and am unable to proceed past this page and book an engineer
9. HELP!!!!!

18 REPLIES 18

What do you think Ash?

With the numbers of post-RS (uncorrectable) errors and upstream T3 timeouts showing, for those to occur over a couple of days there's a problem that needs fixing.  Staff can advise if it's an area fault that's being worked on, if not hopefully they'll book you a technician visit (so long as you've already checked the connections on the coax cable between wall and hub to make sure they're properly seated, and any securing nuts are finger tight).

Ashleigh_C
Forum Team
Forum Team

Thank you for sharing those @Alexandramunro

I have checked on our side and the Hub does appear to be all in spec. I can see that the Hub has been online for 51 days. 

Are you about to try a pin hole reset for us? To do this push a pen etc into the 'reset' hole at the back of the Hub and hold for 30 seconds. 

Just to let you know this will start a full factory reset so if you have changed the WiFi password at all it will revert to its original password.

Thank you.

Will do this over the weekend and revert back

Hi @Alexandramunro,

Just checking in to see how you got on?

Let us know if you still need any help 🙂

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi

We did the re set as requested and it went back up to near 100... unfortunately it has dropped again within 48 hours 😞 so we still have an issue... please help

Zak_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thank you for coming back to us. 

I have managed to locate your account via the forums, I have run some diagnostics & everything seems to be within spec, the speed provided to the hub are reaching over 100 for as long as our records go back. This would indicate the issue is within your property. 

What speeds are you getting via a wired connection?

Kind regards,

Zak_M

Hi Zak, sorry its taken me a while to respond due to illness.

The speeds have improved over the 3 weeks since you looked at it 😉 will monitor and let you know if it starts to struggle again.

Hi @Alexandramunro, thanks for your post although I'm really sorry to hear you've been unwell - hoping you're feeling better now.

Great to hear that things seem to have stabilised for you, and I'll pass your thanks onto Zak too.

Please let us know if you need any further assistance.
Many thanks

Tom_W