cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Really Poor Broadband Speed - Constantly Disconnecting

Rockfish70
On our wavelength

For about the last 6 months our virgin media broadband has been awful. Having to reboot the media hub (think it’s version 3 it’s white) at least once a week as it looses its connection which won’t come back until it’s rebooted. Other times it does come back on its own but this is almost a daily occurrence. Our speeds are atrocious we pay for 350 but this week we have received anything from 2 to 43 no where near the advertised speeds we pay for. I have on many occasions ran the check from the virgin website and it says there is an intermittent fault but the the next day it won’t say there is an issue. Could our hub be on its way out (it gets quite hot) it’s used in modem mode have checked the router that’s fine (and new bought it as I thought the issue was the router initially)

How do I get a replacement hub is there a direct line as it’s hopeless trying to get through?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Broadband gone down again this time managed to get pic. Performance degraded to point of no broadband, checked v3 router and it’s quite hot to touch again. Turned off and on and broadband is back.

not been in contract with virgin for years maybe it’s time to switch to another provider.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

12 REPLIES 12

Anonymous
Not applicable

Firstly take the hub out of modem mode and check the colour of the light on the hub in router mode. 

Unfortunately being colour blind I will not be able to tell what the colour is.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Fair enough. The fact that it gets hot and your network performance is being degraded tends to point to a need for a hub replacement. 

The forum team can help facilitate this. 

In the mean time keep the hub well ventilated and consider unplugging it overnight. 

Thanks for the advice it’s in a well ventilated area 

Anyone here from virgin that can help

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @Rockfish70 

Would it be possible for you to take and post oon here a photo of the hub in operation in router mode so we can check the colour of the hub light?

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Broadband gone down again this time managed to get pic. Performance degraded to point of no broadband, checked v3 router and it’s quite hot to touch again. Turned off and on and broadband is back.

not been in contract with virgin for years maybe it’s time to switch to another provider.

Sorry photo was wrong size

2B2F68D6-A37A-45F2-886F-22AE48E50976.jpeg

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for doing that. To my eyes that is a red light. That means, given you have tried several reboots, that you do indeed need a replacement hub. I will highlight your thread.