cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Upgrade from M600 to Gig1 - No Change in speeds with Hub 4

starlir
Up to speed

I have exactly the same problem but getting hold of someone with a brain on tech support chat is so far eluding me and currently been waiting more than 30 minutes being ‘entertained’ by the chat bot

8 REPLIES 8

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Check the configuration tab in the Hub's admin page.  This will show the speed the Hub is provisioned for.

Browse to 192.168.0.1 and go to the Router Status page for the information.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Thanks, I’m in Modem mode so it’s 192.168.100.1. Sorted now thanks to yours and carl_pearce’s help

Hi @starlir.

Welcome back to our community forums and sorry to hear you have been having this issue with your hub 4. We are however glad to see our community was able to help resolve this.

Please do not hesitate to contact us if you need any further help.

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Can you comment on the fact that some of the channels are out of spec and would need an engineer to resolve that at the cabinet?

@starlir wrote:

Can you comment on the fact that some of the channels are out of spec and would need an engineer to resolve that at the cabinet?

Because you started two threads it can cause some confusion!

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/QuickStart-set-up-and/Upgrade-from-M600-to-Gig1-No-Change-in-sp...

Yes I know, thanks for linking to it. Created by mistake when I was in the throes of trying to resolve the problem!

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @starlir,

Thank you for coming back to me via Private Message. I have been able to book in your technician appointment to look into your downstream issues for the first available time slot. 

You can keep track of and manage your appointment via your online account here: virg.in/myVM.

Please keep us updated on how your appointment gores and if you need any further assistance. 🙂

Thank you!

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @starlir,

Thank you for updating me on how your technician appointment went via PM.

I'm glad to hear that your issue is now resolved and you're getting the desirable speeds! 🙂

Please get in touch on our public Forums again if you need any further assistance.

Thank you! 

Paulina_Z
Forum Team