cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RM3 9NF (Romford/Harold Hill area) awful upload speed today

Scottyboy99
Dialled in

Hello, is there an issue in the area Rm3 9nf. Noticed yesterday when doing some uploads things seemed slow. Speed tests this morning confirming that. Download seems ok but upload speed (which is usually around 50 mbits) is all over the place ranging as low as 1 mbit and 10-15 mbits at best. Tried various speedtest servers, rebooted hub. No change. Checked Sam Knows on a wired/ethernet connected computer to eliminate wifi being an issue and this returns similar low upload speed results

42 REPLIES 42

Hi Reece

When was this supposedly resolved? The hub has been rebooted countless times because of that unacceptable national outage a couple days ago. Current upstream channels all say QAM32 when I know it should be QAM64.

That said my upload speedtests do mostly hit around 50 mbits. However I am concerned about that QAM of 32 and my speedtests have a horrible habit of that needle starting close to 50 and then falling away to the lower 20s before recovering in the last half of the test gradually to a peak of 50. Not sure if that is how it should be. I am going to monitor closely as I am not convinced I won't have periods where the upload collapses again to sub 15 mbit levels.

Thanks,

Wayne

Just checked the upstream stats again. Back to QAM16 for all the channels. So clearly Virgin has not resolved this SNR problem and I am being fed lies.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Scottyboy99,

Thank you for coming back to us. Sorry to hear that you're still having some connection issues! 

I've taken a look at our system and there are currently no local outages that could be impacting your services and no power level issues that I can see from this. 

I can see that your Hub uptime is currently showing as just over six days. Can you please reboot your Hub by flicking the switch on the back of the Hub and keeping it off for at least 10 seconds, before turning it back on.

Let us know how you get on and if your issue continues. We'll be happy to investigate further if needed.

Thanks!

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs