cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RM3 9NF (Romford/Harold Hill area) awful upload speed today

Scottyboy99
Dialled in

Hello, is there an issue in the area Rm3 9nf. Noticed yesterday when doing some uploads things seemed slow. Speed tests this morning confirming that. Download seems ok but upload speed (which is usually around 50 mbits) is all over the place ranging as low as 1 mbit and 10-15 mbits at best. Tried various speedtest servers, rebooted hub. No change. Checked Sam Knows on a wired/ethernet connected computer to eliminate wifi being an issue and this returns similar low upload speed results

42 REPLIES 42

This is really not good enough. I would like full details of what the issue and where it is. I am afraid I don’t believe anything much is being done and I get scripted responses.

upload is erratic today with packet loss. Struggling to get past 20 mbits and regular packet loss in 5-10% region 

Hi Scottyboy99,

I completely appreciate your frustration with this, and I know it's been ongoing for sometime now. 

SNR faults can be tricky to locate, and so sometimes can take longer to resolve than other types of faults. We don't have access to the specifics of outages, only the type of outage and the estimated fix date/time.

Rest assured we will be working to resolve the issue as soon as possible

Beth

Thanks Beth. Please request details on the outage specifics and post the full transcript/details here or I will continue to believe Virgin is doing nothing. You can get access. That is not impossible. The engineers seem to be aloof and detached. Time to end this vagueness as It’s causing a lot of us incredible frustration and ultimately damaging your brand

thanks, Wayne 

Just to add that upload has been awful today. Hitting lows of around 10 mbits. It is very inconsistent and packet loss is creeping up. This has gone on far too long

Reece_MH
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Scottyboy99,

I completely understand the frustration this is causing. SNR outages can be complex as there are various factors and tests we need to run to identify the primary source of the issue. 

The information provided in previous responses is the only information we can provide relating to this issue and our teams would not be able to provide in-depth details or transcripts of any internal conversations that have taken place.

I'm very sorry this is causing problems with your service and be assured that our Technical Teams are working to resolve the issue as soon as possible.

Thanks,

Reece - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our FAQ

Hello, can you provide the latest update?

thanks

Hi Virgin,

What's the latest? 31 March estimated fix date has been and gone?

Thanks,

Wayne

Any update from Virgin staff? My upstream channels are now no longer QAM16 but QAM32 instead. Still not right.

Internet performing very badly in general this morning. Speedtest.net site and app slow to find servers. Alexa and Ring devices claiming they are not connected to internet etc whilst other internet and app sites worked. Very much roulette on what worked and what didn't. Recycled router, now all upstream channels back at QAM16. Seems better for being at that than QAM32 and Alexa back in the game. However upload speedtest needle is still very erratic. What is going on Virgin?

Reece_MH
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Scottyboy99,

Thanks for providing updates on this - I'm sorry to hear you've been continuing to experience some issues with your service.

I've had a look on our end, and I can see that the fault has been resolved - have you tried rebooting your Hub in the last few days to see if this improves your service, as it will refresh your connection to our network?

Cheers,

Reece - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our FAQ