Menu
scoobydo
Joining in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Problems in the evening when football is on

Hi, every evening when football is on my speed and latency goes up. Can someone check to see if the local area is over subscribed please. Prior to tonights football starting I was getting solid 100mb now I am getting 30mb. Out of interest if customers subscribe to virgin for tv (i dont) can they get sky sports.bt sports in 4k UHD is this sucking all the bandwidth?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: Problems in the evening when football is on

Hi scoobydo,

Thanks for getting in touch, I've been running a few checks on your service and can see that peak time demand is affecting your connection, though if this is down to, in part, the footy being on is hard to say.

Our engineers are investigating under ref. F005912485 with a review date for upgrade work to add capacity currently set for around the middle of December. If you drop us a quick bump around then we'll gladly check on the situation for you.

Kind rgds

Ralph_R
Forum Moderator

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
scoobydo
Joining in
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Once again service was bad tonight, BT sport I think were running a few 4k matches (I don't even have virgin tv). So the 64 million dollar question, do virgin media QOS the bandwidth thus I suffer as over subscribed in my area?

0 Kudos
scoobydo
Joining in
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Just gone through the pain of trying to get an update to this via the overseas call centre. All they kept saying was no fault in my area. I specifically asked them to check the given reference number and they just kept saying no fault in the area. Do the overseas fault centre have access to the "F" fault numbers. Still getting intermittent high packet loss which is affecting online game streaming via nvidia shield. Seriously considering moving providers as the price is too much for the service I get. 

0 Kudos
legacy1
Alessandro Volta
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

If enough people in the area which football online by broadband then the broadband will go down in speed.

0 Kudos
scoobydo
Joining in
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

here is a BQM from tonight (it has been bad tonight). I also have the advantage of 2 other account within an half a mile radius and they all look similar yet tech support overseas says no issue! My Broadband Ping - superhub been  turned off modem mode by support
0 Kudos
scoobydo
Joining in
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Here are the other 2 properties that are in the same area. I pay a fortune every month across the 3 accounts My Broadband Ping - Leonard 2acMy Broadband Ping - Birkbeck 2ac
0 Kudos
scoobydo
Joining in
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Here is a ping to google just done now. Poor 

Ping statistics for 8.8.8.8:
Packets: Sent = 103, Received = 98, Lost = 5 (4% loss),
Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds:
Minimum = 16ms, Maximum = 3638ms, Average = 190ms

0 Kudos
scoobydo
Joining in
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

What you got to do to get help around here? The overseas helpdesk are useless, here seems like posts go un-answered.

internal ping.jpginternet ping.jpgdns and http.jpg

0 Kudos