cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems after moving to 1GB - unifi

kpaterson
On our wavelength

Recently moved from 350 to the 1gb package. After moving from the hub 3 to the hub 4 to start my 1gb the line was dead for 10 hours. Since then I have struggled to get above 120mb on wifi or on hardwire. Sam knows is running GB to the router, but less to any device even when in an isolated state on 5GHZ alone (similar scenarios on hardwire)

My setup as standard prior to this was Hub 3 into Gigabit UNIFI switch with 7APs managed via a cloud key. Was able to obtain the expected 300mb speed with ease. 

New setup is exactly the same, just on a new package with the Hub 4 and wont break 120mb.

Virgin did have a 10 day window where their automate bot would say that there is a problem and an engineer has been booked - this has now cleared.

I have to even rule out a few parts installed a gigabit unifi USG and put the hub into modem mode but I am still unable to obtain expected speed on ethernet (i have since removed)

I'm struggling to see why a move to HUB 4 would cause such a drop in performance. 

Any advice would be greatly appreciated

12 REPLIES 12

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @kpaterson

Welcome to our Community! Thank you for your post.

A massive thank you to @conman33158 and @sophist for providing such helpful information!

We're sorry to hear that you're experiencing speed issues with your net Hub 4, kpaterson.

Unfortunately, we have not been able to locate your account from your forum information. Have you been able to complete the tests that have been previously advised to you?

Let us know if this has helped with your issue. Give us a shout if you need any further assistance.

Please post the BQM results if you've had your Hub 4 running for over 24 hours and we can check them for you.

Thanks!

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi @kpaterson

Just wondering did you find the cause ?

I’m having a simile issues with virgin 500mbps, I can seem to get anything more than 120mbps, when in modem mode either via hub 4 (I have a seperate post running in this forum?)

Hi parkerc, 

Thanks for your post. I can see you have your own thread already open that the Community are helping with currently. 

As you're using third party equipment, out support will be limited however if we're needed, as soon as a member of the team pick up your thread, we'll look in to things further. 

Please keep all information on the main thread so we can ensure nothing is missed. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs