Menu
Klonez
Tuning in
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Price Rise = Higher Speeds?

I received yet another email regarding a price rise and this time it is £3.50 higher per month despite no difference in service received.

I am currently on the highest broadband package of 350mbps but I can see that new customers on my street are able to sign up to the new 500Mbps package, which I cannot find anywhere when signed in. Does this mean my package will be upgraded to that speed or is that wishful thinking?

0 Kudos
Buffer6
Community elder
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: Price Rise = Higher Speeds?

wishful thinking😄

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hello Klonez

Have you called our team about this. More offers are available direct on the phone 

Worth a go 

Gareth_L

0 Kudos
Hoogle
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

the 500 mbps is only available on the £99 a month oomph bundle 
500 mbps broadband

2 x tivo boxes with all packages sports/movies/kids/entertainment

landline 

and an unlimited sim card with data/mins/texts 

0 Kudos
Andruser
Knows their stuff
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

For all practical purposes twelve hundred quid a year. 

Out of curiosity, do VM have the effrontery to expect these customers to pay for landline calls on top of that, and do they expect them to endure the same third world customer service?

Initially I was outraged, until I added up my cumulative VM fixed and variable costs, Netflix and multiple mobile bills, and then it almost made sense.  But the existing VM offers simply don't add up for people with multiple mobiles but who couldn't care less about Sky-style TV packages.  C'mon VM, get your bottom in gear - there's over a thousand quid a year on my table, and you only get half of it because your commercial team are incompetent,the deals are rubbish,  and your offshore customer service is crap.

0 Kudos
VMCopperUser
Trouble shooter
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Wishful Thinking.

They cant make changes to our accounts without us contacting them and seeking permission for things to change.

Except price increases, they seem to be able to make those without us ever needing to phone them up and ask for them.

That's what they tell me, it's a change of package - and the customer has to request it.  I am on a retention deal, get 23% off.

The same package on the website is less than my retention deal - AND - includes a sim with unlimited mins/text and 2gig (not much) of data.

I have asked before why existing customers base price (that is, the out-of-contract price) cant be unified.... I know the reason, but it's nice to ask the question... Ner once have they told me it's to fleece non-switchers, but welcome to most telco providers I guess.

Strange enough, out of about 6 or so providers over the years (like 20 lol)... I think TalkTalk has been the only one to make a price change and then lower my bill... Doesn't quite make up for all of the other mistakes, but still interesting ;).

----
I do not work for VM, but I would. It is just a Job.
Most things I say I make up and sometimes it's useful, don't be mean if it's wrong.
I would also make websites for them, because the job never seems to require the website to work.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi Andruser,

We're sorry you don’t feel you’re getting value for your money. We appreciate that an increase is never welcomed, but it's used to continue to invest in our network and our services. We have our smallest and smartest V6 Box, powered by TiVo®, and we’re also carrying plenty more 4K content. We’ve also been providing speed boosts galore on our ever-growing, high speed network with the introduction of M500 which is exclusive to our Ultimate Oomph package. 

Have you spoken to the team about your package and price recently?

Thanks

Lindsey_C

0 Kudos
dazzabird
On our wavelength
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Having been loyal to VM for broadband only for a decade.......this latest increase of 3.50 is a step to far.

so with a heavy heart I’ve cancelled my BB.....in my opinion the service has got worse this last year.

so considering the 3 mifi device with 7nlimited data......I suspect the speed will be slower, but with the 4 people in this household now having a high data allowance on their phones....I’m hoping the impact won’t be so much 

0 Kudos
happywithmy350
Well-informed
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

@Andruser wrote:

For all practical purposes twelve hundred quid a year. 

Out of curiosity, do VM have the effrontery to expect these customers to pay for landline calls on top of that, and do they expect them to endure the same third world customer service?

Call centre - same old rubbish yes .- but all calls on the landline are included - even up to 1000 a month for 084/087 numbers. We had Sky before VM and were paying £62 a month just for entertainment and movies with 1 2Tb Q box - Sky want £189 for all the services VM give us. - so personally it's good value I think and it's £1176 if you are going to do man maths, use a calculator! it's not like you don't have one on whatever device you are using! 

0 Kudos
happywithmy350
Well-informed
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

@dazzabird wrote:

so considering the 3 mifi device with 7nlimited data......I suspect the speed will be slower, but with the 4 people in this household now having a high data allowance on their phones....I’m hoping the impact won’t be so much 

Been there, done that - it will depend on your area but for me it was so slow I had to return it - I would prefer a handset as a dedicated hotspot on Virgin Mobile personally for around here if I did that again - the EE network is good around here.

3 said today they are going to do unlimited 5G ( because Voda now do it for £50 a month on a MIFI) )https://www.techradar.com/uk/news/this-little-box-delivers-unlimited-5g-for-an-incredible-pound50-pe..._ and whilst I hope 3 do well with their massive amount of Spectrum it might also mean VM can remove the cap on their service if less people are using 4G and more 5G

After all - when I was paying EE £67 a month for a 60GB 4G limit I could hit ( and proved it on ThinkBroadband with screenshots) 350mbps easily - so would love to return to those speeds on 4G. 

0 Kudos