Menu
Andy1975
Fibre optic
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Power levels causing T3 timeouts.

Can VM book me an engineer for my power levels thanks. I am willing to wait on here as muppets on the phone are even more clueless.

I am still waiting on a PM reply for my question about signature bar, when your ready as its only been 2 weeks.

Also supply "review" update as im sure it would be pushed forward again.

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Adam_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Power levels causing T3 timeouts.

Hi Andy1975, 

Thanks for letting me know about your issues with your broadband connection having timeouts, I apologise for any inconvenience caused.

I have tested things from here and I noticed that your Hubs logs show a number of T3 time outs inside since the last reboot, I would like to arrange for an engineer to attend and investigate things further for you. I will send you a PM (purple envelope at the top) detailing what's required in order to proceed with making the booking.

Please respond to me there and I'll get this sorted for you.

Take care, 

Thanks, 

Adam.

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Andy1975
Fibre optic
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Engineer came out and left me in worse state than when he came... Internet now not only T3 timeouts 20+ times a day, the internet now also doesnt come back on unless i power down the router and restart on a very regular basis (5-6 times a day)

Even though i had to tell the engineer why he was here and what to do he still left me with power levels in excess of +8dBmv on most my channels.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Andy1975,

I think those poor stats must have been a temporary glitch. My tests show your power levels, on the downstream channels, don't exceed 6.9dBmV. 10dBmV is generally the highest we allow for. 

There have also been no timeouts since your Hub was rebooted 2 days ago. So how are things for you, is your connection showing significant improvement? Keep us updated. If our support is still needed we'll be happy to oblige Smiley Happy

Jen
Forum Team

0 Kudos