cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Poor wife since speed increase

swivel
Tuning in

I have recently had my speed increased from m125 to m250 due to being a volt customer.  Before this WiFi was good in all parts of the house but now it’s very poor downstairs (router upstairs). I’ve tried all the usual things but no improvement, any ideas?

1 REPLY 1

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
A reset has sorted this for some customers - see this

Do a Hub “pinhole reset” - first make sure the 2 passwords on the Hub sticker are still there and legible first ! Disconnect any ethernet cables from the Hub (leave the coax connected), and then with the Hub still "switched on" throughout, press pin in firmly with paper clip/SIM tray tool or similar "thin thing" and hold it firmly for at least 60 (a timed sixty) seconds, release the pin, leave for 5’ to stabilise - dont manually switch it off at any time. Passwords and SSID’s will reset to those on the sticker so log in and change them back to what they were/should be.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.