cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Poor speeds

purplecam3l
Joining in

So having moved to Virgin from BT and moving from Infinity with a max 50 Mbps to Virgins 1gig connection I was hopeful I'd finally be able to browse, stream and download things within the same day. Low and be-hold I knew I wasn't going to be off to a good start when my engineer advised me I had an apparent black spot upstairs and on the left side of the house???

I mean my BT was setup here and I thought well okay maybe that's the reason it that was so poor. However with d/l speeds as low as 8mbs from Virgins 1 gig line I knew this black spot can't of been fully to blame, I was getting 20 from BT. Anyway I got one of those Mesh devices as I don't hardwire upstairs and it jumped up to the 20's briefly.

Okay I thought what other expense can I put myself too to try and help.so I invested in a new 1200mps wi-fi receiver and antenna. This got me a jump upto 200+ Mpbs for almost a full week. Great I thought. Now I'm back down to anywhere between 10-20, constant buffering and disconnects and almost wishing I stuck with BT. I've already had to deal with a land line issue. Not been a good start so far seeing as I only had installation on 23rd December.

I'm not expecting or looking for 1 gig speeds, I'm on wi-fi but I would at least expect a solid, stable 100+ mbps connection from my 1gig broadband.

Regards

Paul

22 REPLIES 22

Any updates on this? Can I break my contract through this?

Thank you for the update @purplecam3l,

I have had a look into this back end and I can see there are indeed issues with your downstream power levels. In this case, I have sent you a private message to further look into this. Please do look out for the purple envelope and provide a response when you can.

Thanks, 

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Akua_A
Forum Team
Forum Team

No problem at all @purplecam3l.

Please do let us know how the appointment goes and if you need any further help.

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs