Re: Poor speed in Prenton

Yay. It's the weekly 10mbps Sunday
0 Kudos
Corky100
Tuning in
Message 32 of 44
Flag for a moderator

Hi fella. I'm just up the road from you in CH44 and have exactly the same story same dates too from 25 Jan, then 1 Feb, then 15 Feb and now July. That s has been going on exactly one year now and while they were happy to sell me 100Mbps in November they weren't as keen to point out I'd get absolutely nowhere near that. At the very best I get 25Mbps. More often than not I download at 300-500 kbps. Very misleading sales and poor service.

When a company such as VM can flog as many accounts as they can knowing full well there's major problems its diabolical. I have made many calls and yes I receive credit back but its not the point. I want what I was offered.

Because I had the issue from day 1 and reported it within the cancellation period I can cancel when I want despite trying to trick me into another contract.

It certainly needs investigating. Like me I wish you luck but I'm looking at binning this as a bad job in may when the credits I have are done.

0 Kudos
GB19
Joining in
Message 33 of 44
Flag for a moderator

I've been having problems for at least12-18m. I pay for 200 broadband but get 20-30 if I'm lucky. I know it's because we're over prescribed in our area but keep getting told it's going to be fixed, date keeps moving back, told this weekend it was fixed but getting 28. I've received credits most months but have to ring up and they are very reluctant and tell me it's fine now. Rang Saturday and today on phone an hour. Got transferred 5 times then cut off today! Made so many calls but get told different things. Neighbour put me on to this forum. At least he's getting updates and automatic credits until resolved. We've been with virgin since it was even ntlworld, would be off like a shot but not really much else on offer in our area. Very unhappy.
0 Kudos
uF0n
Tuning in
Message 34 of 44
Flag for a moderator

Has the service improved in Prenton now? I'm thinking of moving from Sky to Virgin, so I've been trying to research performance for Virgin BB in Prenton... seems there were a lot of complaints throughout the Wirral at the start of this year and before, but I can't find any complaints over the past 6 months.

0 Kudos
blazingmagnums
Dialled in
Message 35 of 44
Flag for a moderator

Yes, but that was due to months upon months of serious complaining that resulted in a letter to the UK CEO. Been superb now for about 4 months 

0 Kudos
uF0n
Tuning in
Message 36 of 44
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the super quick reply!

What speed are you getting and (more importantly) are there any latency issues?

I'm in CH42.

0 Kudos
blazingmagnums
Dialled in
Message 37 of 44
Flag for a moderator

No problem!

I use TP link throughout the house. Currently 75mbps in my office. Downstairs next to the router is 180mbps (This is on the 200 package)

Even at busy times it's still great. Zero latency issues.
scouseware
On our wavelength
Message 38 of 44
Flag for a moderator

Yes, speed finally much improved.

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 39 of 44
Flag for a moderator

Hi scouseware, 

Thanks for the update Smiley Happy

Good to know that you've noticed an improvement. 

Let us know if you need help with anything else. 

Take care. 

Heather_J

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Mboden78
Tuning in
Message 40 of 44
Flag for a moderator

Hi guys, 

so been following this since we left and went over to sky, hows the broadband issue now? Still no problems? 

0 Kudos