cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Poor speed and daily disconnecting

RSM123
Joining in

I have been on the supposed 500mb package for months now, and never got more than 220. Within hours of restarting laptop and modem it will drop to as low as 40. I got better speeds and consistency on my previous package.

For the last week my connection has dropped every single night. On several occasions the 345 1111 number has stated there is an intermittent fault, or a fault in the local area.

If I cannot have what I am paying for then I want to be put on my old speed and my costs cut.

£63 pounds a month for this is not right. 

5 REPLIES 5

RSM123
Joining in
I cannot post a screenshot but the VM online test page states

"Looks like there is an intermittent signal issue in your area."

This has been the case for 5 days.

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Try the “free & automated” Service Status number - 0800 561 0061 - which usually gives the most up to date info. and tells you of more local issues down to postcode level.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

According to the automated service status line there are no issues, yet here

https://care.virginmedia.com/care/check-services

It says -  Looks like there’s still an issue with your connecti

We’re looking into it. Check back here after 6 hours and if there’s still an issue we’ll help you book an engineer

Can I actually get some help finding out why my speeds are less than half the 500mb, and why my service disconnects every night ?

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
A VM person will respond on here in a few days - in the meantime call retentions and they will be able to sort it once you tell them you are calling to cancel the service.

Call it in on 150 (VM Phone - free) or 0345 454 1111 (any other phone - national rate). Use options 1,1,4,4, “thinking of leaving” - they usually pick those calls up quickly and the retentions are UK based

Calling at 08.00 midweek (09.00 Sun) is the best time to get through quickly - but at busy/closed times you may get redirected to offshore - hence calling early is best.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Serena_C
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @RSM123

Welcome to our Community Help Forum 🙂

Thank you for making your first post regarding the connection issues you've been experiencing, I'm sorry to hear you've been getting sluggish speeds. That is not ideal.

I would like to take a look further into this for you, I shall send you a private message to obtain the details required now. Please look out for the purple envelope in the top right corner and get back to me when you can.

Kind regards,

Serena