cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Poor condition router / hub 5 invite

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello, 

i was sent a Hub 4 following a package upgrade that’s obviously very used and wasn’t packaged well at all (rattling as soon as I took it off the driver). It is grubby, scratched and has what looks like food or something on it. Horrid. This won’t be getting plugged in. 

luckily for me I was sent an invitation to upgrade to the Hub5, too. I filled everything on and was told that I’d be emailed to confirm once I’d chosen my date of delivery, but I haven’t been? 

I spoke to CS who advised that they can’t do anything re the hub 5 but will replace the hub 4. I won’t be using it if it turns up even remotely looking like the one I received today. Honestly disgusted.

I understand the need for refurbishment of products from both a profitability and a sustainability stand point - however there’s a difference between refurbished and very much second hand and damaged. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

Have spoken again to CS, who’ve advised that they can’t see a replacement. But if it’s been promised it will arrive.

Why is it every time I speak to cs I want to cancel. 

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

7 REPLIES 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

Have spoken again to CS, who’ve advised that they can’t see a replacement. But if it’s been promised it will arrive.

Why is it every time I speak to cs I want to cancel. 

@Anonymous But if it’s been promised it will arrive.

Don't be too hopeful - over-promise and under-deliver are sadly too common, and it seems there's no governance whatsoever to make sure that the company keeps promises made by agents, whether in regard of replacement hubs, processing cancellations, new install dates, agreed new contract prices, manager call backs. 

Regarding the Hub 5, if you've upgraded contract and got a Hub 4, chances are that's because you've gone for a 1 Gig connection?  In which case the Hub 5 shouldn't appear, as it's not formally been released to customers on that speed.  A very few customers have got them working on 1 Gig, but that seems to be more commonly down to error on VM's part rather than intent. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

I’m currently trying to cancel my whole account as I’ve had enough. 

CS advises no replacement raised. Won’t let

me cancel.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Fully cancelled account - couldn’t be happier! 

😃

So they send you out a filthy old hub that rattles (suggesting broken components inside), then promise a replacement but don't process a replacement order, and when you check again they're then refusing to provide a replacement in respectable condition even if that means losing customers?  There's a successful outcome for VM's investments in customer service. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Honestly the service is fine, it’s their customer service that’s caused this and I absolutely won’t come back. 

What annoyed me further is that I reached out to a forum team member (staff) for assistance and got a reply saying That they don’t respond to unsolicited messages. 

oh well, truly abysmal on all accounts and I’ll never return. 

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Anonymous wrote:

<snip>    What annoyed me further is that I reached out to a forum team member (staff) for assistance and got a reply saying That they don’t respond to unsolicited messages. 

Yes, that is correct.   I don't reply to them either.   

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks