cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Poor broadband/red light on modem

Lawrencel55
Joining in

My router has had a red light for months. I note on this forum that the unit should be replaced. I have spoken to virgin operatives on the phone who have been very dismissive.

Our wi fi speeds are between 20 and 25 which considering we're on the 350 package, is poor.

Our router is in a well ventilated open area away from all other equipment.

2 REPLIES 2

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Post up a photo of the red light light. VM Hubs are known to have "dodgy" LED's

Wifi speeds are unlikely to be related to it but.... are the issues only evident on wifi connections or do you see them at the same times on devices connected on ethernet cables? If you don't know, can you check to help diagnose whether it is just a wifi issue or it could be network connection/Hub related?

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Lee_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Lawrencel55 thanks for posting and a very warm welcome to our community.

I am sorry to hear you're having a constant red light on your hub.  I would like to help you resolve this issue.  I am going to send you a private message, to confirm some details. I would assume since you've been having the WiFi speed issues, that you've already attempted a pinhole reset of your hub? As I am sure you're aware, it essentially takes your hub back to factory settings, but clears a lot of issues. For future reference, please do check here: https://www.virginmedia.com/help/broadband/reboot-or-reset-hub .

Regards Lee_R