cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Poor WiFi speed on desktop

Brackh
Joining in

We have fairly good WiFi speed (around 100) in the room where the pc is set up using a hand held device but the desktop pc speed is really slow. It does connect but the speed is less than 5 and sometimes less than 1. Any suggestions please. Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Just make sure all your WiFi drivers for the PC are up to date.   It would be better to use a wired Cat 6 cable if at all possible.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

3 REPLIES 3

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Just make sure all your WiFi drivers for the PC are up to date.   It would be better to use a wired Cat 6 cable if at all possible.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Thanks, will give this a try 👍

Serena_C
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Brackh

Welcome to our Community Help Forum 🙂

Thank you for making your first post regarding the slow WiFi speeds you are receiving on your desktop, I'm sorry to hear that you are experiencing sluggish speeds on your PC.

Please let us know how you get on with making sure your WiFi drivers are up to date as @Adduxi suggested, if you are still experiencing slow speeds after this please can you

Open Device Manager, find the Wireless Card for the PC and report back the link speed for the card.

Best wishes,

Serena