cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Poor Virgin 1gb -

kpaterson
On our wavelength

Since moving to 1GB I have had nothing but issues / poor speeds.

It comes and goes so I presume  it's not a problem within my network.

Anyone experienced this? any help is appreciated 

kpaterson_0-1632815926101.png

7 REPLIES 7

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Ouch... not good.

Has this just stated since getting the Hub4?  Have you tried a pinhole reset?

Can you try this.....

Post up your Hub/network connection details and someone will check to see if there is a problem there.  In your browser’s URL box type in http://192.168.0.1  (or http://192.168.100.1 - if in modem mode) and hit return. On the first page up if you have the New Hub4 then I think you need to login and navigate to the pages - and then just copy/paste the normal “Formatted Text” (not images) 3 FULL sets of data onto here – 2 pages from the Downstream, 2 from the Upstream, & the Network Logs page. Don't worry too much about the formatting it can be easily read & DON’T include personal data or MAC addresses - blank them out - if you copy/paste the data, the board software will do this for you (you may need to click the "submit" button again.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Its on and off, I'm reluctant to continually pin hole reset the router at any sign of drops as my hub is part of a larger network.

9APS, unifi etc 

See my sam knows on a 1GB line

WhatsApp Image 2021-09-29 at 10.17.24.jpeg

Hi kpaterson,

Thanks for your post, I'm sorry to see you've been experiencing some issues with your broadband since changing over to a new package.

I've been able to look at the back of your services and can see that there is an ongoing outage in your area today. It started at 8am this morning and estimated to be resolved by 3pm today. So the issues and the new hub will just be a coincidence 🙂

Do let us know how things are later and apologies for the inconvenience caused in the meantime

Kind regards

Beth

Beth

Hello kpaterson

Any improvement since your last post 

Gareth_L

Some but its still woeful, constant need to factory reset the hub to achieve even close to 1gb - 

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

You said your Hub is "hub is part of a larger network."

Can you confirm that the network is disconnected when you are doing the speed tests?  The device doing the speed test should be connected directly to the Hub with nothing else in between or otherwise connected. 

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.