cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Poor Upload Speed

TAZMANUK
Knows their stuff

Had a issue on my 1 gig service which internet would just go off for no reason, only way to fix this would be turn off hub 4 at mains wait 1 minute and turn it back on.

This has been happening daily, anyway engineer came out said signals needed sorting as they was at -3 5 after changing something in the house internal white casing and changing the splitter to a new one the signals was around 7.

Anyway did a speedtest and now they was a issue with upload speed at 0.23 kbps both on wired and WiFi.

Engineer said their is nothing wrong with the signals however what ever he altered has not caused issues with the upload speed.

He decided to do a pin hole reset and set to factory setting the hub 4, and upload speed was back up to 49 to 50 meg.

Anyway 30 minutes later it's back down to 0.24 abd even 0.00 on some tests then goes back up to 49 meg and fluctuating all the time and very unstable.

In sure the upload before he altered things was 4 channels at 64 QAM it's now 4 channels on 16 QAM.

Customer service cannot get hold of the engineer to come back and now waiting for area manager as whatever has been altered has caused other issues.

81 REPLIES 81

TAZMANUK
Knows their stuff

Screenshot_20220226_152830_org.zwanoo.android.speedtest.pngScreenshot_20220226_144544_com.android.chrome.png

TAZMANUK
Knows their stuff

Screenshot_20220227_071913_com.android.chrome.png

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi TAZAMNUK, 

Thank you for getting back in touch with us. 

I am very sorry to hear of the issues you have been experiencing with the service. 

I have taken a look from our side and can see you have spoken with the team recently and they have offered further assistance from our technical team. 

Please do let us know how this goes and if you require further assistance. 

Thank you 

Nat

Just had engineer out and replaced the hub 4 as they don't seem to last long only had the first one since October 2021, lasted 4 months 😕 

Fingers crossed it will resolve the sudden loss of internet, packet loss, upload speed and upstream channel 2 t3 timeout error

Ryan_N
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thank you for letting us know.

Cheers, 

Ryan. 

TAZMANUK
Knows their stuff

Sonce engineer visit i am getting loads of pre rs errors on downstream channel 3

Screenshot_20220303_123020_com.android.chrome.png

Hi TAZMANUK,

Thank you for reaching back out to us, sorry to see you were facing further issues after a new Hub was installed by the Technician, I have had a look our end and cannot see any issues at all, your levels look good and everything else is in green, how have things been since your last post on Thursday, sometimes it can take a little while for things to settle?

Regards

Paul.

TAZMANUK
Knows their stuff

Hi heres todays screenshot, if everything is in green at your side then that some reassurance.

What are these pre rs errors

Screenshot_20220305_145915_com.android.chrome.jpg

I highly doubt a new HUB would fix the QAM levels on the upstream.

What are they now?