Menu
Aaronash
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Ping server issue

Hi I'm having issue with download speed, I'm on 100 MB package but only receiving about 15 Mbps, ping defaults to Manchester & drops following initial startup speeds of around 40-50 Mbps when ping connects to York/Hull ( which are closer to me.) Is there a way to stop the ping diverting to Manchester after approx 10 mins, this is becoming very frustrating as I'm constantly buffering & dropping signal.
I've spoken to VM many times and even had engineer visit who plugged in and gets 70+ Mbps, however 10 mins after he leaves I'm back down to 15 Mbps, I'm so frustrated and only want the service which I'm paying for!!
Any ideas ??
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Ping server issue

Hi there Aaronash,

Welcome to the community. It's nice to have you here.

Sorry to read you are having an issue with the broadband speeds.

From checking the line/network, I was unable to find any issues that would cause an impact to your speeds.

Are you testing through a wired or wireless connection? If wireless, you try through wired please to see if there is a difference?

Also another test will be whilst the Hub is in modem mode as this will eliminate other devices connected.

Speak to you soon

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos