cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Paying for 350Mbps and getting below 100Mbps

sweetleaf
On our wavelength

So I have recently upgraded my connection from the 250Mbps plan to 350Mbps and now I am getting less that I used to!!!! Also the quality of the line is rubbish as my latency jumps from 35ms to 65ms down to 35ms and then back to 90ms!!!

Just have a look on the down/up speed from a speed test I took 1 min ago:

sweetleaf_0-1624903657712.png

27 REPLIES 27

stucros
Joining in
Getting exactly the same issue, upgraded from 100Mb and been six months hardly getting what should be the product that I upgrade from let alone the new one. Three complaints to Virgin and still no futher forward.

Zoie_P
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Stucros,

Thanks for your post.

I cannot a thread you are having regarding your issue. 

I have located your account, you are not having the same issue. I can see there are some stability issues with your hub and that a pinhole reset will help with this as I can see your hub's uptime has been 80 days, you can find out how to person one here.

Please keep us posted with how you get on.

Zoie

sweetleaf
On our wavelength

Hey @Zoie_P,

I still don't get anything near 300Mbps. Came back from holidays to find that the problem still persists. Could you please check if there is again an outage? This starts getting annoying!

Tom_F
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @sweetleaf. Really sorry to hear you're still having some issues. I've taken a look into this today and there is a known area issue (ref.# F008791547) that's currently estimated to be resolved by 08 NOV 2021, so rest assured the teams are aware of the problem and re taking steps to make sure it's sorted out - hopefully sooner rather than later on this occasion. I'm sorry we can't do more to help directly but please keep in touch,

Tom 

sweetleaf
On our wavelength

Hello, any update on the issue? I still dont get anything near 350Mbps and the quality of the connection varies especially around peak hours. These issues are going on for a few months as you can see on this thread.

Hi sweetleaf, 

Thanks for coming back to us on this and apologies to hear things are not any better. 

Taking a look at the fault, things are a little more complex than what the teams originally though. This is still ongoing for now. 

The reference number is still the same as it's the same fault: F008791547. The new estimated fix date is: 22 NOV 2021 15:15. 

Any fix times noted are only estimates based on the information we have at the time. Whilst we work hard to meet them, sometimes we need to extend them and this is unavoidable. Fingers crossed things will be resolved shortly for you. 

Please keep us posted on how things are. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

sweetleaf
On our wavelength

Hey @Kath_F,

I am sorry but do you realise that Virgin moves the goalposts with every message? Everytime there is an outage with an estimated fix time and when that date is due there is another outage and so on. Feel free to browse the thread if you have any doubts. All this while I keep getting less of what I am paying for. How is this OK?

We truly apologise for this @sweetleaf. We can understand the frustration caused by this ongoing issue. Some issues appear complex hence the estimated fix time being extended. I have just had another look into the account and the current fix time is still 22 NOV 2021 15:15.

We will aim to resolve this for you as soon as possible.

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

sweetleaf
On our wavelength

Hello,

How is the fix looking on your side? I am not surprised to see no improvement on mine. Let me guess, another ongoing outage?

sweetleaf_0-1637880005490.png

Hey @newapollo, here is the speed test:

sweetleaf_0-1637880684578.png