Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Paying for 200MB but only getting 100MB Download

LukeM94
Tuning in

Hello,

I upped my subscription to the 200MB download from 100MB download,

I am still getting only 100MB, I have checked and my speed looks like it has been upgraded on the account page

Is there anyone at virgin who can confirm please

Thanks
Luke

4 REPLIES 4

mjpartyboy
Fibre optic

Check the status section of the Super Hub to double check the downstream and upstream have actually been updated to the new speeds.

SH2 modem mode | AC86U router | AC68U node

conman33158
Super solver

Make sure the cable is Cat 5e or better and make sure your PC/laptop has a 1Gbps or better network card 🙂

***********************************************************************************************************************************
BT Full Fibre 900 FTTP - Asus RT-AX82U to Openreach ONT Box & Asus RT-AX56U with AiMesh setup
***********************************************************************************************************************************
My Broadband Ping - BT Full Fibre 900

conman33158
Super solver

Assuming you are using windows 10 can you type in "View network connections" in your search bar bottom left, then right click your Ethernet connection and select "Status" What does it say for speed? Should read 1Gbps or better? If it reads 100mb or 10/100 then your network card does not support speeds above 100mb.

BT Full Fibre 900 FTTP - Asus RT-AX82U to Openreach ONT Box & Asus RT-AX56U with AiMesh setup
My Broadband Ping - BT Full Fibre 900