Menu
wegiwegi
Tuning in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Paying for 200 getting less than 10Mb

Hi there,

For the last 10 days or more my internet speed is a joke, today my download is 9.70 but my upload speed is 17.20 amazing, upload is faster than download. Done on safe mode, so, no hardware problem etc,etc edit:  forgot to mention, I am connected through ethernet cable, do not use wifi

It used to be good, but now is a real mess.

If this does not improve really fast, I will be going somewhere else, and I am paying well over £125 quid a month, I believe with that amount of money I can get all the channels I want and proper download speed.

So Virgin, you have less than a week to sort this one out, if does not improve, so it will be bye bye

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Paying for 200 getting less than 10Mb

Simple stuff first - what Hub model is it ? have you tried a new Cat6 cable - they do "fail". Was the Hub in modem mode when you tested? Can you try another browser - one you dont normally use - Firefox? Opera? there are a few reports of browsers casing speed issues. Can you get a friend to connect their device and see if they get the same problems?

You dont say - are you getting dropouts as well or just speed issues ?

--------------------
Services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
wegiwegi
Tuning in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Paying for 200 getting less than 10Mb

Hi jbrennand,

Thanks for your reply, appreciated, Hub is 3.0 wires are fine and is connected as router.

So, I disconnected everything, then I did reset the Hub, from scratch, finally my speed got back to normal, even better, straight connection from Hub to laptop Ethernet cable  download 203.25  Upload 20.25 even the WiFi for the mobile is quick as well.

Once that one sorted I went upstairs, checked again, speed low,as it was this morning, so I knew wires were fine, so I disconnected the Ethernet switch and put a new one, that sorted the problem, the switch was wrong, even working, but not good, it seemed something went wrong with that switch, so the new Netgear metal one, made all work again, speed is as it was before, so all good, I am staying on Virgin so far. Thanks again for your reply

Happy days again, my son stopped complaining about xbox being slow etc. New test from upstairs at 22.55 down 220.86  up 17.22