Menu
Gerry_P
Joining in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Paying for 108Mbit only get 0,28MBit

what can i do?

last week i waited 50minutes till i could speak to somone and the person complained cause i entered the Password wrong (i pushed the wrong button) and said he can‘t help me i would need to call again. So i would need to wait again for 50minutes. 

Last week the speed was 2.6Mbit so this week Virgin even topped that with 0,26Mbit!

for the fact that we pay 52£ a month, for a phone and broadband you would expect a way better service! I will for my part get a three mobile internet which gets 30Mbit and costs less than half of the Virgin one! Only get 100GB but in the end with the speed i get with Virgin i can‘t even get a fraction of that over a month! 

I honestly want to knwo why virgin is refusing to help long time customers at all. If i would register our internet i  my name we would get 360mbit (so in real maybe 3,6mbit) for 37£ a month,...

to my email i got  no response because probably it is not policy for virgin to respond to complains.

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Paying for 108Mbit only get 0,28MBit

They wont respond to emails - if you want to leave call up and go to "retentions".
If you are looking for technical help to try and help your problems then you will need to post up more info. What package do you have? What Hub model is it ? How are you are connecting your device(s) to do the speed tests - wired or wifi? What devices are you using? what site are you testing on? Do speeds drop on both wired and wifi connections? Does the connection actually drop out ? Have you checked all of the cable connections are in nice and tight and all the cables inside and outside are intact and undamaged or kinked ?

--------------------
Services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Gerry_P
Joining in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Virgin has all the information allready and still does not care! Their customer service quality is below anything i came across in my life so far! And cheers for your questions but the questions are the same as they asked me and i answered them all to them and i learned yesterday after five times switching the virgin box off and on it does work again (probably till next week) but that is no solution and again virgin did not help at all so far! 

I have a Superhub2,

tested on speedtest.net, both wifi and ethernet connections are sameish! Wifi tested while sitting next to it!

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi there Gerry_P, 

Welcome to the forums and for your first post - I was sorry to understand that you're having some issues with your speed and did not get the help you needed when you called us. 

When you call, we will ask security so we can chat about your account freely; if you're not sure of the memorable word, our agents can ask the account holder security questions again. However, if you are not able to pass security, we can still assist with general fault queries and assist as much as possible without chatting about account specifics - sorry that this was not the case when you called us. 

In regard to your speed issues - are you having the issue on both a wired and WiFi connection? Does a reboot help at all? 

Have you been able to check for any known area issues here? virg.in/service

If nothing is listed then you can log into your own account and go through the self checks. 

We also offer our Connect App - this is available on both apple and android free of charge. It allows you to do checks on your connection, make changes and look at your home set up. We also have an In-App help where you can send a message through the app to our in-house team who can assist you 🙂 

Please feel free to pop back if you have any other questions or need more help. 

Cheers

Katie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Gerry_P
Joining in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

i did all the tests so many times and according to them it is all perfect except the fact that it isn‘t,... i even switched everything else of and plugged in the ethernet port to check the box but same thing. Again i have rebooted the device (Virgin Box) countless times and that seemed to have cured the problem at least till next time it stops working. 

I am sorry but i will not call Virgin again, my time is to valuable to spend an hour sitting in the corner (phone battery is so bad that if i take it out from the charger it won‘t work anymore) and wait till someone at virgin has the time to take care of my problem (or not cause i entered one letter of the password wrong) 

the only time i may call (or better my Partner) is when we cancel our account because i see no reason to pay that much for a service which is bellow 3G speed! Specially cause new customers pay a fraction of the price. (Existing customers are not valuable to virgin it appears)

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the reply Gerry_P, glad that a reboot helped you on this occasion. 

If you do have any issues moving forward and do not wish to call us, please feel free to use the Connect App as mentioned in my first reply - the In-App help team are able to assist you with any faults and or queries you may have with your services. 

We'd certainly hate to see you leave us and we'll always do all we can to help you in anyway we can. 

Cheers

Katie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Gerry_P
Joining in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

The connect app doesn‘t work with my box it seem,... but i did give up on virgin.

I am getting a different provider for myself and if my partner want‘s she can continue paying a lot for inadequate service! Cheers for your advice tho

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Gerry_P

We are sorry to hear that you are considering leaving us.

It''s always disappointing when a customer decides to cancel their services with us.

We would be sorry if you did decide to leave us. 

David_Pn
Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos