Menu
KainesMum
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Packet loss even after new router

_20180907_173519.JPG

So, i have had this issue for a while now. Long before i dropped my package to the 100 vivid.

When i dropped it i requested a new router due to packet loss. The issue persists even after reboots. Don't get me wrong, sometimes it can go a whole hour or so with just the occasional lag (im a mmorpg gamer so you notice this happen more than if you were simply surfing or streaming)

Recently, this past week it has become worse with general errors popping up as well as request time outs. The picture is my screenshots over the space of the last 30 minutes and following a reboot.

Any advice would be welcome, i work in IT so i have done all the regular troubleshooting and my home devices and cables seem fine.

It is getting so i can't group play with the family/ friends as i keep getting booted, not a good thing on dungeon runs.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
KainesMum
Joining in
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Packet loss even after new router

_20180907_174613.JPGThis one is right now, and is what i would call a good run

0 Kudos
cje85
Problem sorter
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

As the fault is occurring between your PC and the hub, the problem is somewhere between the two. Since the hub has been replaced and the issue still persists, it points to an issue with the PC/network card. Have you got another PC or laptop you can try it on?
0 Kudos
KainesMum
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi, thank you so much for replying.

I did this as part of my troubleshooting.

I have a desktop PC, and a secondary none gaming laptop, i used brand new ethernet cables, and the problem occurs on all hardware, i actually ran dual pings through cmd simutaniously to check hardware, ports, and cables independently, also my phone wifi drops to the connect? during the longer drops. I wanted to run an IP trace to check the path into my hub, though to my shame the cmd prompt i know only returns the hub IP. (I admit to being out of practise as it has been some years since i worked in IT)

The only cable i haven't swapped out is the hub to wall box as i don't have a new one yet.

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Samantha_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi KainesMum,

Welcome to the community. It's nice to have you here.

Sorry to read you are experiencing packet loss.

Looking at your connection, everything has come back as fine with no errors.

If you, post some trace routes for us to check over?

Also try whilst the Hub is in modem mode to see if that makes a difference.

Let us know how you get on

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos