cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Packet loss and intermittent drop outs

mbk10
Joining in

Hi,

This has been going on for roughly the last 8 days now. I had to way 4 days for an engineer who fitted an attenuator to lower high downstream power levels but this hasn't solved the original problem. Looking at the readings on the router, nothing really stands out but i can post these if needs be. Network log shows constant RCS partial service and SYNC timing synchronisation errors. I've had a bqm set up to monitor and it's pretty much like this everyday. Any assistance or advice would be much appreciated at this point. 

My Broadband Ping - mbk VM

15 REPLIES 15

Hi Chris, 

Thanks for coming back to us here to update the thread with how the visit went. We're glad our engineer Matthew was able to get things sorted for you. 

We will pass on your thanks and feedback to him and his manager 🙂

If you have any further issues, please pop back and let us know. 

Take care,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

So, amazingly after my thread got hijacked my initial problem disappeared. However, 2 days ago it has returned with a vengeance. 

This is from today. I'm currently working from home, but not actually able to work and I'm now getting pretty sick of this. Router stats are near enough identical to the ones in the original post, so that clearly isn't the problem. Router isn't in modem mode. One ethernet device connected to the router, wifi devices all disabled so this also isn't an issue. I could really do with an engineer coming to look at this.

Good morning, thanks for posting.

Sorry to hear it's not solved. I've done some checks on our systems and it's come back with the below; 

Can you check all the white cables are connected securely to the Hub, any TV boxes, splitters and the wall socket.

Our system has identified a short-term connectivity issue which may cause intermittent or performance related issues with your connection. In the vast majority of cases, these types of issues are resolved after 24 hours. 

I've logged the work order on the account to confirm you're impacted. Monitor for me for the 24 hours and if not sorted, please post back and we'll be more than happy to check again. 

Best,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

Still no joy I'm afraid. All internal cables are secure and connected properly.

Just to clarify the above was 6/11.

Just checked it this morning and it's currently sitting like this.

Mysteriously I had a few hours reprieve yesterday morning and now it's just gone back to being unusable. Ideas? 

Hi mbk10, 

Thanks for coming back and keeping us updated on things. 

Checking the account, it looks as though there was a fault affecting you. This was resolved yesterday. 

As you're posting a picture instead of the live URL we're unable to see if things are sorted for you. Can you pop back and let us know if you're still having issues?

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs