cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Packet Loss

Crossy1986
Tuning in

Good afternoon all, 

Fairly new Virgin Media customer here, over the last few days we have started to notice rubber banding and connection issues when gaming. At first we thought it was a issue with Xbox Live but in the last 24 hours we have seen it impact other devices as well, when running diagnostic tests on the consoles which are connected via ethernet cables we noticed a considerable amount of packet loss occurring (sometimes as high as 66% as shown in the screenshot below.) When contacting Virgin Media via telephone they ran a check and said they could see no issue and had little to no idea what I was talking about concerning packet loss and suggested I speak to Microsoft about the issue (disregarding the fact I said this was happening across multiple devices) 

Following the call the packet loss across the devices returned to 0 which we thought was the end of it but sadly in the last hour or so things have been getting worse again, I have registered for the Broadband Quality Monitor but do not have any data to show yet regarding this. Any help would be appreciated as we appear to be going around in circles

IMG_20211015_172939.jpg

11 REPLIES 11

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Corey, 

Beth_G has confirmed that a lot of SK post codes are affected and the fix will be Wednesday. Reddit is also lit up with people struggling in Stockport and Manchester.

though it’s good that Beth knows this and has advised us, surely it’s good to update your service status page so that other customers are aware. 

Hayley_S
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hello @Crossy1986,

Thank you for the update, please do let us know how it goes.

Many thanks,

Hayley
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide