Menu
theshadowhost
Joining in
Message 11 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Re: Packet Loss

I've been having similar problems with packet loss. Started around 20th december. packet loss graph

My Broadband Ping - Home Virgin Media

I've tried contacting virgin twice online and also ringing them up. they keep saying there isn't a problem. There clearly is - even in the homehub logs it looks like there are errors - apparantly this is fine? I've registered a formal complaint and I'm looking into changing provider at this point.

0 Kudos
KJDM
Tuning in
Message 12 of 14
Flag for a moderator

I logged a formal complaint on 27th December and was promised a call back from a Manager. Still waiting. I cancelled my contract and am looking at other providers as we speak. I will tell everyone who listens to avoid these con artists

0 Kudos
all129
On our wavelength
Message 13 of 14
Flag for a moderator

I did not appreciate that marking an answer as "helpful" would mean the issue would be marked as "solved". It isn't. I'll look for a way to unmark it. Failing that, I'll start again with the story so far. Easy enough to do as I've written it up to email to a couple of journalists whose names and contact details I had from an acquaintance.
0 Kudos
Moderator (Retired) Ralph_R
Moderator (Retired)
Message 14 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Apologies for the problems, our networks and faults teams have been investigating the issue with packet loss and latency in areas of North London and are now reporting the issue as resolved.

If issues remain ongoing for anyone please drop us a quick update and we'll run additional checks and escalate as required.

Kind rgds

Ralph_R
Forum Moderator

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos