cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Packet Loss

Gilg
Joining in

Been getting packet loss every day since 2nd Feb.  3 calls to support, 1 engineer visit everyone acknowledges theres an issue, but never a fix.  Ive seen multiple threads logged on here about packet loss.  Can someone clarify what is the cause and if there is a fix coming any time soon.

7 REPLIES 7

Gilg
Joining in

still getting constant low level packet loss, does anyone have any idea whats going on in the virgin media network to cause it?  my connection to my work VPN which is hosted on a virgin media connection is pretty much unusable.

https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/quality/share/75433f8c24b23cec6dd363a874d81dc56907a8cd

Im getting the exact same issues and experiences as the original poster, contacting support is a waste of time and the engineer who came admitted they were getting loads of calls about packet loss issues but he had no idea what was causing it. 

Kappa1891210
On our wavelength

Do as I did, get Pingplotter, and see for yourself what is causing it, cause every time you call them they say everything looks fine on their end.

They are only testing with Samknows and there is no information whatsoever about the packet size or frequency. At least with this tool, I'll be able to show the engineer on his next visit where the packet loss occurs, and this way they can't lie their way out of it.

www.google.com4.png

@Kappa1891210 wrote:

Do as I did, get Pingplotter, and see for yourself what is causing it, cause every time you call them they say everything looks fine on their end.

First order of business is to make sure you have no packet loss locally. 192.168.0.1 must have zero packet loss, before you can make conclusions.

Gilg
Joining in

so after thinking it had cleared up yesterday the issue is back worse than ever

https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/quality/share/fed55a83cb633ae9d16c0af6ce70be1cd3b523aa-22-02-2023

Hi Gilg,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the community. 

I'm very sorry to hear about the issues you've had with your service. 

I have taken a look on our side and I am unable to see anything that could be affecting this, 

Can you please confirm if you are still having the issue with this?

^Martin

Hi I finally asked to be put thru to a 3rd line support engineer and he sent me out a new hub which seems to have resolved the issues.