cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Packet Loss

Danbeasant
Joining in

Hi,

Since moving over to Gig1, I am experiencing constant packet loss on my connection. If I simply run a ping to google when on Ethernet, I experience every 10-15 pings timeout.

Its really frustrating, as the kids use the connection for cloud gaming and it causes lag and makes it unusable.

Is there anything I can do to fix this. I am up for calling the vm, but they seem to think the connection is fine, even after I explain to them that packet loss on the network is an issue.

Thanks

Daniel

3 REPLIES 3

Anankha
Problem sorter

I would try going into the Router’s settings & turning off the firewall then testing the packet loss again after a few minutes.

My Broadband Ping - Virginmedia

legacy1
Alessandro Volta

do you get pings timeout if you run
ping -n 200 194.168.4.100

can you test on another wired device?

---------------------------------------------------------------

John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Danbeasant

Thanks for posting and apologies for the packet loss issue you're experiencing. As a gamer myself I fully appreciate the frustration. Done a system check today and you do have low SNR (signal to noise ratio) on a few of your downstream channels. They also are approaching being maxed out on their levels so could do with lowering these. I shall send you a PM now to book in a technician visit.

Best,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill