cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Packet Loss and High Ping - Working from home impossible!

Krish_Vir
On our wavelength

Hi - I hoping someone can help me. 

I have been having ping issues and drop outs. Speed is usually okay but sometimes does go down where streaming is difficult. Worst of all is that working from home is becoming impossible with high latency and ping jitters. (All equipment is mostly hardwired with cat 6. Ubiquiti wifi plugged in)

I have tried all the hub diagnostics with the latest drop out and 'help' noting: Capture.JPG

On looking at this helpful forum, I've monitored my network: 

My BQM 

Capture2.JPG

Can someone on the virgin side help here..... 

81 REPLIES 81

Krish_Vir
On our wavelength

Hello? - can someone from Virgin update me??

Krish_Vir
On our wavelength

Can you anyone from virgin help? Been weeks since my last update and the fix date has passed.... 

Hello Krish_Vir

Having checked there is a ticket ref F008469535  with and estimated fix date of the 5th March at 10am.

We're sorry this appears to have been pushed back again, the engineers will be working hard to fully resolve this as quickly as possible. We appreciate your patience during this time.

Rob

Hi

Has this been fixed on the 3rd date I've been given?

I still had problems today during office hours. 

Laurie_C
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Krish_Vir,

I've just checked the Ticket Reference F008469535, and there is a current estimated resolution date of the 19th March at 10am.

I'm really sorry that you're still waiting for this to be resolved, our engineers will be working as hard as possible to resolve this. I can completely understand your frustration, and really appreciate your patience at this time.

Thanks.

Laurie_C
Forum Team

Hi - has this been fixed now? Or has the fix date been pushed back for a 4th time? 

Sasha_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Krish_Vir

I can see that this is still open and estimated fix date 02/04/2021.

Thanks

Sasha - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Krish_Vir
On our wavelength

That's disappointing this has been pushed back again for a 4th time. Months taken to fix. 

Are you still on track to fix on the date you stated? 

Laurie_C
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Krish_Vir,

Thanks for getting back to me. I can confirm that this fault currently has an estimated resolution date of 02/04/2021 at 10:00am.

Thanks,

Laurie_C
Forum Team

I think you should wake up and smell the coffee. It's not getting fixed, the best thing you can do is find another provider.