cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Packet Loss and High Ping - Working from home impossible!

Krish_Vir
On our wavelength

Hi - I hoping someone can help me. 

I have been having ping issues and drop outs. Speed is usually okay but sometimes does go down where streaming is difficult. Worst of all is that working from home is becoming impossible with high latency and ping jitters. (All equipment is mostly hardwired with cat 6. Ubiquiti wifi plugged in)

I have tried all the hub diagnostics with the latest drop out and 'help' noting: Capture.JPG

On looking at this helpful forum, I've monitored my network: 

My BQM 

Capture2.JPG

Can someone on the virgin side help here..... 

81 REPLIES 81

Krish_Vir
On our wavelength

Thanks - will lookout till then. How can I get a up to date status on it or if the date changes?

Clearly given the BQM, this is a major issue causing outages, yet on 'my virgin media' the service status is now updated since this morning to "no known issues"... yet there clearly is a issue you have noted?

Zak_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thank you for coming back to me. 

You more than welcome to come back to us on here for updates. 

It might take some time for the service status page to update, however I can assure you that we are aware of this issue and are currently working on a resolution for this. 

Kind regards,

Zak_M

Krish_Vir
On our wavelength

hi - any update on the date and fix?

Krish_Vir
On our wavelength

Can you update me on the latest and when the fix will be done?

Krish_Vir
On our wavelength

Hi - any update? Is it being fixed? 

My internet is so bad today it kicked me off my work and zoom calls at certain points!

Krish_Vir
On our wavelength

Hello?? The issue is still outstanding and I can't get any update on this with the original date of bring fixed now past... 

Can someone from virgin help here?! 

Apologies for the delayed response, Krish_Vir

I've had a look at your connection and unfortunately the fault for ticket#F008469535, is still ongoing. The current estimated fix date for this is 19 FEB 2021 10:00,

Thanks,

Corey C

Krish_Vir
On our wavelength

Thanks for the reply. So still due to be fixed then on 19th Feb?

Again horrible service today where it kicked me off calls and froze my work login due to lost packets.

Krish_Vir
On our wavelength

Hi.. 

Is this fixed? Still had issues today so want to know if the fix has been done?

Been waiting a very long time for the fix now! 

Anyone from virgin help here please?? 

Krish_Vir
On our wavelength

Still waiting for a response here Virgin... 

My online portal still says 'no issues' however clearly still having issues from my broadband quality monitor. The second estimated fix date of 19 FEB 2021 10:00 has now passed and its not rectified. 

Can someone in virgin please update me here?? I can track the issue myself if you update the "service in my area page" which is clearly not true.