cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PLEASE HELP ME. WHAT IS HAPPENING ON VM

Viper-t
Fibre optic

Hello can someone help me please, just a couple of weeks ago I was leaving as a 20+yr customer who have got vm customers with family friends, because of the constant end of contract problems I was getting, don't want to repost the Ins an outs but I posted on here and a very helpful person helped me instantly and should have a job at vm as his customer skills far exceeds most vm encounters I receive, after flagging for an agent who originally rang and fixed my concerns and helped me stay with vm with a higher ups help, and I started a new very good contract which was gigabit instead of my 500 package at competitive rates, i received my superhub 4 and was told it would be gigabit right away with a quick start package I thought it needed to be configured but anyway was excited to see my new speeds as I have modern wires and hardware. 

The speeds were very low hard-wired with a cat 6a cable to my gigabit nvidia shield which I tested an my gigabit router netgear xr500. I contacted an agent who I won't mention though the complaint which was still open from end of contract stuff, he told vm will only except laptop speedtests even though I told him I had gigabit devices, so I had to fork out for a gigabit Ethernet adapter as my laptop is older and 100mb capped, did the test and it was just the exact same as my router speedtest an the nvidia 3/400mbs wired, my wifi phone was getting just over 500 which is insane, I told him after reading the forums which I cannot believe has so many in similar issues, that docsis 3.1 might not be activated at the cabinet as the speeds will not break 450 wired, my 500 package was always over 500 so setup is fine, my dbmv is between 1-4 on all 31 blocks if that helps anyone, so agent tells me put back in router mode so he can do more tests which I did he said it's all good his end smiley face over an over which is very patronizing and just makes me want to leave as its not a joke to me at all, I asked for an engineer as there's obviously a problem which he said I need to pay £25 for... like what is happening to vm right now? is it right I had to buy a Ethernet adapter to do a speed test and now pay for an engineer, im getting lower speeds than the minimum and he left it as what do I want him to do I have the transcript... Is this a joke at this point im sure the higher ups won't be happy to hear all the threads I've just seen, with all the other fast symmetrical isp's out there now it's just not good for buisness or more important reputation I swear some think it's funny, I'm trying my best to be loyal but it's getting very very hard in these challenging times hope someone can help many thanks apologize for the long thread

Kind Regards

12 REPLIES 12

This guy didn't have to pay

Re: Why am I only getting 45 Mbps instead of 1 Gbps?

a week ago

Best of luck 🙂

Have to admit after the grief I've had dealing with Virgin the last couple of months, the guy I spoke to on the phone was brilliant - arranged the engineer appointment, as well as sending out another Wifi pod (1950s semi with lead walls upstairs), and even said he'd get the engineer to check out signal levels to the Tivo as well as I've been getting intermittent picture breakup. Can't fault the guy, so here's hoping all will be sorted 🙂

JD

Re: Why am I only getting 45 Mbps instead of 1 Gbps?

a week ago

Yes, the DOCSIS 3.1 downstream channel is shafted. The tech works between the cabinet and premises, any problem upstream of the cabinet has to be reported by him

This is what I'm saying an engineer has to check to see if there's a problem not ppl saying well were sending the speeds idk I give up

Hi Viper-t, 

Thanks for your post on the Community and I'm sorry to hear you're having issues with your speeds. 

There are so many factors that can influence a speed so there are a number of diagnostics we go through. I can see our VIP's have been trying to help and encourage you to do the checks we need but you've not done these. 

I understand it can be frustrating when something isn't right but overall, we are all here to help. 

I can see you've spoken to my colleague John who has booked an engineer for you. Please keep him in the loop on how the visit goes. 

Take care,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

What did you get when yo did it the correct way I outlined in message 5?

See message 9 in this thread

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Networking-and-WiFi/Slow-Ethernet-Speed/m-p/5060946#M484321

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.