cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Outage

MR-T
Up to speed

Hi 

Broadband outage at 12.30 this morning the 27th March, service page say its fixed but its not.

It just about connects to google, but cant run any tests, the Hub4 is showing all setting are correct.

I managed to run a desktop speed test, downstream was around 400 Mb/s, pings over 200ms, and upstream was only 180KB/S

So something wrong on upstream.

Call centre useless and cut me off.

Regards

MR-T.

PS i am using an alternative internet connection.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @MR-T 

Thanks for updating the thread. It's great to see everything is up and running again.

Just for future info the Check Service Status is often only populated with details of wide spread outages.

You could also try the automated Service Status number  0800 561 0061.  This often gives details of more known localised issues down to postcode level.

Whilst not ideal it's probably a better indicator of known problems and should also show the latest estimated date/time for the fault to be repaired.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

2 REPLIES 2

MR-T
Up to speed

Hi

Close this post, i've had to do a major pin hole reset to fix it, the outage screwed up my Router.

its now working again.

Regards

MR-T.

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @MR-T 

Thanks for updating the thread. It's great to see everything is up and running again.

Just for future info the Check Service Status is often only populated with details of wide spread outages.

You could also try the automated Service Status number  0800 561 0061.  This often gives details of more known localised issues down to postcode level.

Whilst not ideal it's probably a better indicator of known problems and should also show the latest estimated date/time for the fault to be repaired.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali