cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Outage in Area 14

matthewreading
Joining in

Hi all,

Just wondering if anyone else in Area 14 have been having issues for the past week(maybe longer)?

I first reported it on the 18th (i think) and after 48hrs managed to book an engineer, the next day the appointment was cancelled. I was still having issues and after another 48hrs I was able to rebook an engineer who is now booked for Saturday.

I have been having high latency times and since just before 4pm today I have had no connection at all.

When I do get a connection the speeds are anywhere from 6mb to 300mb download and 8mb to 30mb upload(I am on a 1GB connection)

The status pages shows no issues in the area.

I have setup BCM and here is the past 24hrs of what my connection has been like.

https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/quality/share/3ee8d2dd94e9627457c0e968e17c810eb0...

And this is what I connection was like on the 24th

https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/quality/share/81edb6ded5a5425f7d000cc276aacee5cb...

2 REPLIES 2

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Sorry area 14 means nothing, there can be many area 14s, the areas are just for billing purposes and can refer to lots of different parts of the country. If you wish to refer to your location do so by using part of the postcode, leave off the last two characters.

Now your problem:

Check with Area faults on 0800 561 0061 If you have a VM landline 150 this goes down to post code level. You could also try the web page status, but this is not recommended as it only covers issues that affect a very large number of customers.

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

Ryan_N
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi matthewreading, 

Thank you for your post and welcome to the forums. 

I am sorry to hear of the experience and issue you've been faced with here. Upon taking a look at things our side I can see you have been able to speak with our team and an engineer has been booked. Please keep us posted on how things go and if things get better 🙂 

Cheers, 

Ryan.