cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ordered 1gb only getting 400

Pedropeteok
Joining in

Hi, can anybody help, I ordered the 1gb broadband nearly 3 months ago now and I still only get 430 maximum and its never been above that ever, ive tested it hard wired and its the same. I test it every day. Virgin wont help they say turn the box off and on etc and it should be fine and basically dont help. Im thinking of cancelling it because its not what I ordered it. Does anybody else have this problem?

thanks Pete

5 REPLIES 5

carl_pearce
Community elder

@Pedropeteok wrote:

Hi, can anybody help, I ordered the 1gb broadband nearly 3 months ago now and I still only get 430 maximum and its never been above that ever, ive tested it hard wired and its the same. I test it every day. Virgin wont help they say turn the box off and on etc and it should be fine and basically dont help. Im thinking of cancelling it because its not what I ordered it. Does anybody else have this problem?

thanks Pete

What does this site show?

https://samknows.com/realspeed/

It says download to hub 4 - 1146

download to iphone 13 - 406

I tried adding a photo but it doesn’t work

does this mean the hib is receiving 1146mbps

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Pedropeteok wrote:

<snip>   does this mean the hib is receiving 1146mbps

Yes, it does.  Are you using the 5Ghz channel on the iPhone?  I think the max you will ever see is around 550mb from the Hubs wifi.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Richw1982
Rising star

Hi, you could also try resetting your phones network settings.  Settings > General > Transfer or Reset iPhone > Reset > Reset Network Settings.  Then reconnect to wifi and try again while stood by the hub.  Also make sure its not near consumer unit or speakers as these affect performance.

I work for VMO2 but all opinions are my own and are based on my own experiences

If you have a hub4 then thats about right, a little low maybe.

Hub4 uses the AC standard (wifi5).

This mean that even with no interferance AND your hub working perfectly the best you could get would be around 550mb on one device.

You could buy a wifi6 router and place the hub in modem mode, but it's going to cost you.