cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oomph 600 slow speeds for 2 weeks now

MrEthernet
Tuning in
  • Hi VM, I need an engineer quick sharp. Your boys did some essential stuff 2 weeks ago and the broadband has never been the same.  I’m peaking at 17Mbs download speeds and as slow as 2Mbs. I’ve spent the last weekend going through most of the various permutations on the thread with DerekW21 and enduring identical issues. I haven’t even mentioned the tv yet but I’ll leave that for another thread. How can I get  the help desk teams to book me a sight visit and an engineer to check the connection to the street cabinet. I’ve eliminated all the possibilities domestically and home infra related.

A4AD6B38-0701-4916-BDB3-36F502E89CE5.png

15 REPLIES 15

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Is there still an outstanding issue?

Check in 2 places

1) Try the “check service,”Area status webpage" (link at top right of this forum)

2) Then also try the “free & automated” Service Status number - 0800 561 0061 - which usually gives the most up to date info. and tells you of more local issues down to street cab/ postcode level.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

3EE0E6E5-F48C-48AD-B240-087FA67215F5.png

• Thanks I’ve just done both. Familiar with both options 
  • I’ve had this message (pic above) come up regularly in the last 2 weeks including just now 4.56pm 18 Oct.
  • The free automated number is telling me all is ok. 
  • I’m still banking on the street cabinet needs to be looked at.
  • Tried sending a chaser on the neighbourhood what’s app but no response from any Virgin customers…no responses

I'm in same situation. They didn't send nobody

I managed to get an engineer appointment for next Monday. Hoping we have resolution.

strokes on my keyboard are taking seconds to execute and web pages light years to refresh. 

Will keep this post updated on outcome and results on Monday

Just a quick update on tonight. Lights on Hub 3 purple (modem mode) as expected. ASUS router - all lights white (good) BUT no broadband being broadcast either via wifi or hard wired Ethernet. Huston we have a problem. This has been the worst day so far. No access to the internet all day, not even a trickle. 

Is there a claim line for reimbursement? Will be claiming back my monthly £s until we have connections back.

Banking on the engineer turning up Monday.

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi MrEthernet

Welcome to the Community and thanks for posting. 

I am very sorry to hear of the issues you have been experiencing with your service. 

We can see from your previous posts that a technician visit has been booked so can you please let us know how this goes?

For information on our loss of service credit policy, please see here

Thank you, 

Nat

A8FD947F-8397-4BFD-ADD8-AD4E3397B2A8.jpeg

Suffice to say, the engineer never turned up.  Very unprofessional, not even a call or text to communicate this. Waisted another day at home being unproductive. I’ll need to claim for the £25 non-site visit as a one off on top of the monthly bill credits.

Another day languishing at 4Mbs download and switching all devices off just to get the Citrix workspace to load.

Adri_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hello MrEthernet, thank you for your posts and replies.
We're sorry to hear of your issues and the missed appointment, please visit this page for more info on our compensation policy here for your reference.
If you're entitled to credits due to this, we will apply it automatically as advised on the page.

Let us know if you need mor help or advice, happy to offer it.

Adri
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

I had the engineer pop over on Tuesday and he was able to diagnose/confirm the lack of a sufficient signal coming in through the modem.

A power adapter plug and a new splitter have been installed to stabilise the broadband signal.

I’ve checked the signal over the last few days and we’re still struggling to maintain 600 mbps constantly if at all getting to the upper limit. A range of speeds from 4 mbps to 650 mbps across the last few days have been exhibited.

as of now 7.30pm Friday 28 Oct I am at 172mbps but I started the morning at 11 Mbps.

Unable to stream 4k material direct to the Tv using cat6e. Additionally fifa 2023 has been constantly gone lagging online. Huston we still have a problem. Maybe the connection back to the street cabinet needs to be looked at?