cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Only getting half what we pay for.

dave_bass5
Dialled in

VM has been rock solid for us since we went to M350, but now we are on M500 (since last week) we are getting just over half the speed we should be, so lower than we were on the lower tier. It was fine for the first couple of days, but now its constantly too low. 

Everything has been rebooted, speeds have been check using a wired connections at various points of the last two days. 

Can someone please look in to this and get it rectified or someone sent out to fix this. Its very disappointing, especially as we are being charge full rate even though we have been with VM since they started.

Area is SE1 in London. 

65 REPLIES 65

Think we might need to have someone else take a look into this.  I am guessing your PC is more than capable of supporting your speeds?

Regards

Lee

Oh yes, i was really happy for about 3 days when we first got M500, and was easily getting over 50MB/s on all devices. Even my iPad Pro was getting around 58MB/s on one or two tests using 5GHz. 

We have had no issues for ages, even during the last 18 months our speed has been outstanding other than one low upload speed issue. 

I am going to check what I can do dave_bass5.  Do you have any objections to me passing your details on to field?

Regards

Lee_R

Hi Lee.

No, please go ahead and do what you can and whatever you need. I apprentice the help. 

I am seeing a slightly better speed tonight. Its gone up so its closer to 40MB/s, but still way off from what it was.

Dave.

Hi dave_bass5

Thanks for coming back to us. Currently it doesn't need to go back to the field team as I've re-checked the engineers note. Please continue to monitor it for me and let me know next week, give it till Thursday as I am also back then and we can then speak to the field team who can revisit the cabinet if needed.

Best,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

Hi John.

Hope you had a good week. 

Just wanted to report there has been no change, not really surprising.  I’m barely getting 40MB’s on wired and wireless connection. Still closer to what we had rather than what we should be getting.

Seems to be dragging on now. To be clear, we had full speed for about 3 days when we first got the service, so all the equipment is more than capable of receiving the full speed. I just need you to give it to me 😃

Hey dave_bass5

Thanks for coming back to us.

Yeah really good thanks, my birthday weekend and of course the two England games 🙂 can't complain. Hope you've had a good one too 🙂

I've checked and all your downstream channels are out of spec, so another tech needed. I'll PM to get the address details and we'll go from there.

Best,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

Thanks John.

Happy birthday. Let’s hope Sunday is all we hope.

All good here thanks.

Ive sent you the info. Anything i can do at this end?

Cheers. 

Thanks for that and the birthday wishes mate 🙂 

I have a feeling we'll win 2-0 on Sunday, with Sterling and Grealish the scorers. 

All booked in with the tech as per the PM. You can reschedule, track the visit in your Online Account

Let us know how it goes 🙂

John_GS
Forum Team

Haha you have a great weekend as well buddy 🙂

PS - I arrogantly booked Monday off months ago, assuming we'd get to the final 🙂

John_GS
Forum Team