cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Only getting half what we pay for.

dave_bass5
Dialled in

VM has been rock solid for us since we went to M350, but now we are on M500 (since last week) we are getting just over half the speed we should be, so lower than we were on the lower tier. It was fine for the first couple of days, but now its constantly too low. 

Everything has been rebooted, speeds have been check using a wired connections at various points of the last two days. 

Can someone please look in to this and get it rectified or someone sent out to fix this. Its very disappointing, especially as we are being charge full rate even though we have been with VM since they started.

Area is SE1 in London. 

65 REPLIES 65

Hi Ash.

Thanks for the reply, the BQM is at the bottom on my modem log post on the first page of this thread. 

@dave_bass5 wrote:

Luckly we are on a rolling monthly contract …..

Are you sure about that? If you recently upgraded, you might find yourself on a new 18 month minimum term contract. Find out ASAP and act accordingly, even if it is to use the 14 day cool-off period and revert back.

Golden rule is to ‘never, ever upgrade in an attempt to fix a problem’

Yeah. 100% sure its a monthly contract.

Although we went from M350 to M500, we got rid of our land line and Sky movie add on. This meant we were not eligible for a discount as its not classed as an upgrade to our package. We were put on a rolling monthly contract at full price and told to re negotiate after 30 days to see if we can get a discount. 

So we are paying £90 for the TV package and M500 BB. We had a Friends and family referral from a VM employee we know, which should have meant we get it for £45, and VM were advertising the M500/Tv package for £55 on thier website, yet we get charged £90

Seeing as we have been with VM since they took over from Telewest/Blueyonder without a break in our contract I’m not impressed with how long standing customers get treated, and on top of that not getting what we are paying for anyway. 

Oh, and this change of service was supposed to be a cost cutting move, down from £118 a month. We had the full 50MB/S service for a few days, and then around half ever since. 

Hi dave_bass5,

Thanks for coming back to us, I am sorry you've been having these issues with your service which has made your price seem unworthy of the value. 

I can see that Tom has booked an engineer appointment for you, so we'll be happy to come back and continue helping with your services once this has happened. 

However, in terms of your price, we wouldn't be able to change or amend anything package wise here on the forums 😞

If you still need help after the visit, please keep in touch!

Thanks,

Megan_L

Thanks Megan. 

THe engineer has been and gone but couldn’t fix the issue. He has a few theories and possible reasons, but the we are still getting even less than we were on M300 a couple of weeks ago.

Early speed tests show we were getting around 53-58MB/s, now its less than 30MB/s. This is on wired and wifi devices. Nothing has changed here as far as equipment goes. 

Tom_F
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thanks for keeping us updated on this dave_bass5, sorry to hear the engineer visit wasn't as successful as hoped.

Looking into this today the engineer has left notes saying that cabinet works are the cause of the issue and are not yet 100% complete. They intend to follow up on this in a week or so, and keep in touch once that work is completed. If that's not the case please keep us posted here.

I'm not totally sure if it's related, but there is now also a known area issue communicated (ref.# confirmed via PM) and the fix-time is currently estimated to be later on today - so hopefully we will see some improvement once that's sorted.

Tom

Thanks Tom.

I was aware of the work and it seems to have fished. According to the Service status line there is no work going on in my area. 

Speed hasn’t improved though. 

What i cant understand is, when ive had issue in the past its been a huge notable drop. I’m still getting 30MB/s, which is hardly a low speed so cant see how I’m getting this but not the correct speed, and the engineer confirmed I’m getting the correct signal strength in to the box. 

Hi @dave_bass5

I've just had a quick look and the area issue is no longer showing.  The tests you've recently done.  Have they been via a wired connection?

Regards

Lee

Hi Lee.

Thanks for the reply. Yes, no work listed in this area but speeds still down. Ive tested with wifi and a wired PC. Both getting around the same speeds.