Menu
Leighg101
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

On 200mb Package But Download Speed is less than 50mb Wired

Hey everyone,

So I’ve been having this problem for a while and today it’s all gone crazy.

We have a Super Hub 3 downstairs on the 200mb package, upstairs I have to use Homeplugs to connect my PS4 & my laptop (not at the same time) vis a wired connection as the wireless reach isn’t great.

When using a Homeplug the download speed is around 40mb & wireless is 5-10mb (both connecting to the Homeplug wireless extender or to the super hubs wireless)

Now if I connect to the super hub directly wired with my PS4 or my laptop the download speed is still 40-50mb which isn’t right.

Today however our internet wired direct to the hub with my laptop was Download: 1-5mb Upload: 20mb

Something is very wrong, the service status says no problems in my area (Poole / Bournemouth) and I’ve reset the router numerous times.

Also I’ve tried 3 different sets of homeplugs over the last year and they all sometimes will drop connection & I have to turn them off & on again, it’s almost like they are throttled via the super hub & it drops the wired connection.

Just to note I am the son of the account holder as they aren’t good with computers etc

Thanks

Leigh

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: On 200mb Package But Download Speed is less than 50mb Wired

Hi , sorry to hear that you are having issues with your service. Have you checked our outage checker for any known issues and estimated fix times in your area http://virg.in/service. If there isn't any issues showing on our outage checker for your area there may be an issue with your individual connection. Please call us on 0345 454 1111 so we can do a full diagnostic check and arrange an engineer visit if required. ^PDe

0 Kudos
Leighg101
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

As mention, I’ve checked and none show up on the service checker 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

As there are no issues showing in your area, you would need to give our team a call on the above number so we do a full diagnostic check and get a technician if needed. ^PDe

0 Kudos