cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ombudsman

Beccy1976
Tuning in

This is a last ditch attempt to resolve a long running issue on my account. I have had service issues since the day my account opened which have got progressively worse and I made a complaint back in January. I was told then my area is due for upgrade work that would be happening in April. I received a small credit to compensate. April came and the work was moved to may, then July, then September. At this point I was offered a further small credit that amounted to £6 per month off my £48 bill, which is for stand alone broadband, which is increasing to £51 I believe this month. Guess what, September arrives and it’s now going to be december! Absolutely had enough now all my attempts to escalate the complaint including numerous calls, online chats, Facebook posts and writing have got got me no where. Has anyone successfully taken virgin to the ombudsman and won?

23 REPLIES 23

I raised a CISAS request a few months ago and Virgin settled with £150 compensation. They had 20 days to settle after i accepted and guess what.... I still haven't received a cheque.

Really goes to show what they think of their customers when they couldn't really give a s**t 

So looks like i have to re-open my CISAS complaint!!

Oh, and my 350MB is still being throttled to between 10-50MB !!

As soon as i get compensation i am off!

When were you advised this cheque was being sent? ^GT

Anonymous
Not applicable
how do you know you are being throttled? VM do not throttle connections

Once a CISAS request has been CLOSED - SETTLED Virgin have 20 working days to settle. I'm sure they will blame Christmas etc but they only responded to the original CISAS Complaint on the very last day. Getting anything resolved with Virgin is a nightmare.

Maybe you could speak to Elizabeth Watson in the Dispute Resolution team to expedite as they were the person who updated the CISAS Request.

I can provide you with the CISAS Case number if you like.

From the CISAS Guide:

"If you accept the decision, the company must
act on it within 20 working days"

Hi could someone please speak to [REMOVED] in the Dispute Resolution team before i have to reopen CISAS request? Thanks

[MOD EDIT: Personal and private information has been removed from this post. Please do not post personal or private information in your public posts. Please review the Forum Guidelines]

Hi Probism,

I'm sorry about this but unfortunately as the complaint has already gone to CISAS, you will need to contact them with regards to the complaint.

Regards,

Lisa

i got two cases with them against cisas both were meant to pay £100 the person name who been blurred out commented on one of the cases these **bleep**tards sent me a cheque of £100 no reference to which cisas case related so I didnt know so when non compliance they claimed was sent for that case but been a year still waiting for resolution **bleep**test customer and compliance team bunch of **bleep**TARDS NEVER GO WITH VIRGIN U BEEN WARNED NOT WORTH THE HASSLE!!

Hi Mclovin,

Thanks for using the forums to get this issue looked into, I am sorry to hear you've had trouble getting your preferred resolution to your complaint. Have you now gone into a deadlock with us about this issue? 

Thanks,

Megan_L

What charming mannerisms you have 

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi

Don't worry I got cisas handling this already got one of the 100 just waiting on my other 100 thanks love u too