cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Old EE contract wasn't cancelled by Virgin

decky40
Tuning in

Hi guys. 

I was connected to Virgin Media on 26th Feb and was told by an employee (Virgin) before I signed up that they would take care of all the business with EE to ensure our contract with them was cancelled.

However, I have since received 2 further bills from EE and after speaking with them, was told that there was no official cancellation of my account. Therefore I have been paying for 2 separate internet accounts.

Does anyone know who I can speak to in order to rectify the situation and get some sort of refund or credit?

Thanks a lot

5 REPLIES 5

dannylau
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Did you transfer your number?

That's the only way to cancel the contract without calling in and cancelling 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

jem101
Superstar

@decky40 wrote:

Hi guys. 

I was connected to Virgin Media on 26th Feb and was told by an employee (Virgin) before I signed up that they would take care of all the business with EE to ensure our contract with them was cancelled.

However, I have since received 2 further bills from EE and after speaking with them, was told that there was no official cancellation of my account. Therefore I have been paying for 2 separate internet accounts.

Does anyone know who I can speak to in order to rectify the situation and get some sort of refund or credit?

Thanks a lot

You were badly misinformed, Virgin Media couldn't close your account with EE, unless in the specific circumstances of you porting a phone number from EE to VM, in which case VM have to do all the running , when the number is ported, it ceases the old EE phone line and hence, by necessity cancels the broadband.

If this isn't the situation in your case then you will need to get onto EE and cancel things with them yourself and until you do that they will, quite rightly as far as they are concerned, keep billing you for the service.

Yes,  I transferred my old number to activate the account.

Yes, they ported my old number over (as far as I am aware as it was requested from me). I have since cancelled my EE contract, but about 6 weeks after VM assured me that they would. 

dannylau
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@decky40 wrote:

Yes, they ported my old number over (as far as I am aware as it was requested from me). I have since cancelled my EE contract, but about 6 weeks after VM assured me that they would. 

Porting the number should cancel the contract as you then have no phone and thus no broadband, you will need to speak to EE as to why it wasn't cancelled 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks