cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 Volt

Kevyar
Joining in

I'm with Virgin and O2 on 100M speed. Ads say I'll get double broadband speed. Virgin account says I've had a speed boost "to 100M". That's not a boost. That's the same. That's the opposite of a boost.

Anyone know what's going on? Virgin? 

21 REPLIES 21

Travis_M
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Kevyar

Thanks for posting on our community forum!

If you log in to your O2 account you should be able to view what benefits you're eligible for.

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi, thanks. 

No, there's nothing in my O2 account at all about Virgin benefits, eligible or otherwise. 

Also, does Virgin not know what I'm eligible for? Seems very strange. 

Hi @Kevyar,

To be eligible for Volt, you would need to be with both Virgin Media and 02 and the accounts in your name registered at the same address. 

You would need to sign into your O2 account to check your benefits.

For more info please click here 

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi

I've had confirmation from O2 that VOLT has been applied to my account.

It's held out that my broadband speed will be doubled. I've been paying for 100M so that would be 200M. But I am still on 100M.

It looks like a con. Is it? Or has something gone wrong somewhere? 

Many thanks 

Kevin 

PS: you ask me to contact you if I have further questions. I'm not aware of a direct message option on here, so my queries are all on the forum board. Is that right? 

Hi @Kevyar

Good morning, thanks for coming back to us. When did you apply for the Volt benefits please? As it can take upto 14 days to apply. Best

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

It's active now according to O2 on 28 November 2021: "Hello, We're just confirming that your Volt benefits are now active." 

Also, Virgin accounts states:

"Your speed boost is complete!

Your connection speed is now up to 100Mbps.

We've upgraded your speed so you can enjoy more of what you love to do online."

So my boost means my broadband speed stays identical. Con, no? Or has something gone wrong here? If so, ease contact me to resolve. 

Many thanks 

Kevin 

Virgin media does not say to reboot your router to get new speeds

My Broadband Ping - Virgin Media 350MB

Using Ultimate Volt bundle

Just another VM user trying to help out so my answers may be wrong. If you do like my answer please mark it as helpful; it may help others