Menu
Bigdazza18
Joining in
Message 11 of 24
Flag for a moderator

Re: Not hitting 35Mbps upload

I contacted support again today and got a little further this time but they are denying there is an issue. I guess there is nothing further that I can do and jsut accept that I am paying from a service that I am not receiving? 

Messages from support:

"I have ran the diagnostics and checks and see that the Hub is working good and there is no issue with the hardware or there is no outage in the area which can affect the services.  I can see your Downstream Frequency and Upstream frequency and the Modem Qos are good. The upstream Modem Qos is 38500089. For both the Channels, the number of channels will never affect the services it is the Modem Qos readings. And see there is no issue with them."

" I would like to say that there is no issue with your Hub or the services, the number of channel will never affect the speed.  The Modem QoS  must be good and there is no issue with it and no issue in the network"

0 Kudos
jalzoo
On our wavelength
Message 12 of 24
Flag for a moderator

Im not hitting 35MB upload either rang Indian support as i don't seem to be able to get through to England, Didn't have a clue just restarted my hub and told me it's in the terms and conditions that i should get slow speeds at peak hours. It's quite funny though as soon as i say im hard wired no wifi and no other devices connected to wifi in the house they don't know what to say. 

Who trains these people?. 

0 Kudos
jhuk
Super solver
Message 13 of 24
Flag for a moderator

Nor me I had 2 UL channels before (some have 4 UL channels) and now I see I have only 1 UL channel so lucky I can even get my max DL speed due to limited UL bandwidth to get 385+Mb/s DL but the new 38Mb/s Config I got after reboot hits 20-24Mb/s MAX in various tests.

I have tried many reboots and factory resets of HUB still the same 1 UL channel.

I cancelled my services the other day anyhow for multiple reasons.

0 Kudos
CarlTSpeak
Wise owl
Message 14 of 24
Flag for a moderator

@Bigdazza18 wrote:

I contacted support again today and got a little further this time but they are denying there is an issue. I guess there is nothing further that I can do and jsut accept that I am paying from a service that I am not receiving? 

Messages from support:

"I have ran the diagnostics and checks and see that the Hub is working good and there is no issue with the hardware or there is no outage in the area which can affect the services.  I can see your Downstream Frequency and Upstream frequency and the Modem Qos are good. The upstream Modem Qos is 38500089. For both the Channels, the number of channels will never affect the services it is the Modem Qos readings. And see there is no issue with them."

" I would like to say that there is no issue with your Hub or the services, the number of channel will never affect the speed.  The Modem QoS  must be good and there is no issue with it and no issue in the network"

That is complete nonsense. Your modem is capped at 38.5Mb, you can't get it because there's only about 36Mb usable on the two channels you're connected to - 18Mb per 16QAM channel shared between every user connected to them, not just yourself. 

Whomever that was can like to say it all they want, they have no idea what they are talking about and VM should be ashamed of the quality of 'support' these guys provide. 

0 Kudos
CarlTSpeak
Wise owl
Message 15 of 24
Flag for a moderator

@jhuk wrote:

Nor me I had 2 UL channels before (some have 4 UL channels) and now I see I have only 1 UL channel so lucky I can even get my max DL speed due to limited UL bandwidth to get 385+Mb/s DL but the new 38Mb/s Config I got after reboot hits 20-24Mb/s MAX in various tests.

I have tried many reboots and factory resets of HUB still the same 1 UL channel.

I cancelled my services the other day anyhow for multiple reasons.

A single 64QAM upstream channel provides about 27Mb of capacity shared between everyone using it. You should be connected to no less than 4 to have received the 35Mb upstream upgrade. 

CarlTSpeak
Wise owl
Message 16 of 24
Flag for a moderator

I've pointed out to someone in VM that there seem to be some areas with incorrect upstream configuration. I'll let you know whet they get back to me. 

This is someone who knows what they are talking about and can assist.

'Technical support' have wasted enough of your time now I think.

0 Kudos
jhuk
Super solver
Message 17 of 24
Flag for a moderator

Primary Upstream Service Flow
SFID
Max Traffic Rate
Max Traffic Burst
Min Traffic Rate
Max Concatenated Burst
Scheduling Type
BestEffort

Annotation 2019-05-02 014750.jpg

0 Kudos
Bigdazza18
Joining in
Message 18 of 24
Flag for a moderator

@CarlTSpeak wrote:

I've pointed out to someone in VM that there seem to be some areas with incorrect upstream configuration. I'll let you know whet they get back to me. 

This is someone who knows what they are talking about and can assist.

'Technical support' have wasted enough of your time now I think.

Thank you for your help

0 Kudos
CarlTSpeak
Wise owl
Message 19 of 24
Flag for a moderator

@jhuk wrote:

Primary Upstream Service Flow
SFID
Max Traffic Rate
Max Traffic Burst
Min Traffic Rate
Max Concatenated Burst
Scheduling Type
BestEffort

Annotation 2019-05-02 014750.jpg

Yes. Your upstream transmit power is too high to allow more than a single channel. For 2 channel bonding needs to be no more than 54, or 5.4 as the SH3 incorrectly displays, and for 4 channels 51. Your modem is maxing out its transmit power keeping locked to that one channel. Easy issue to diagnose.

brenster100
Tuning in
Message 20 of 24
Flag for a moderator

Really I did not get this 0_o did you have to restart the modem to get it ?
0 Kudos