cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not happy with speed

Nothappy22
Just joined

I have just upgraded from 500m to 1gb and on speed test I only get 300 tops when on the 500m I was getting over 500mb I have 2 virgin ai boosters too and still not enough speed I have the original black wire that was installed with the 40mb old modem and the house not had the new white cable installed so is the problem 

2 REPLIES 2

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
What do you get on a device connected to the Hub by ethernet cable.

FYI... you will never get more than ~600 on a single wifi device as the Hub4 is wifi5 and not wifi6. Your 1GB will come from 2 devices connecting simultaneously at ~500 (or 3 @ ~330).

To get more speed you will need a wifi6 router

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Tom_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Nothappy22 thanks for your post although I'm sorry to hear of your concerns raised.

Can you please confirm how you are performing the speed tests please, what devices are you using and can you also confirm if you're performing the tests on wifi or a wired ethernet connection?

I have ran diagnostics and there aren't any faults on the service - all power levels, upstream and downstream levels are within specifications so there aren't any reasons why you wouldn't be getting at least the Minimum Guaranteed speeds.

If you could kindly respond to my above points we'll take things from there.

Many thanks

Tom_W