Did you mean: 

Not getting what I pay for Slow internet

xboss
Tuning in

Hi I’m paying for 200mbps and only getting 6mbps rebooted everything 

17 REPLIES 17

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

what speeds do you get with an ethernet connection? 

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

carl_pearce
Community elder

@xboss wrote:

Hi I’m paying for 200mbps and only getting 6mbps rebooted everything 

Anything resulting from your previous thread?

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Forum-Archive/Not-getting-what-I-m-paying-for/m-p/4179972

I was getting the same on Ethernet ( it’s not a Wi-Fi problem)   The problem only occurred whilst I was watching the football on Amazon prime as soon as the game  finished the speeds were back to 56mbps even though I was still watching prime 

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

You can only measure the speed when every other device is disconnected.  No other connections working.

Post a live link to a new BQM.

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

It’s makes no difference what other devices are connected the fact of the matter is my speed was 10% of what it should be whilst watching the game and then as soon as the game finished it was back to we’re it should have been same devices. Fire stick and iPhone X the only devices connected at that time 

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

Once again, you cannot measure the speed while doing anything else over the broadband. The device running the speedtest must be the only connection.

You might have a service problem, but this is not the way to show it.

- jpeg1

Once again it doesn’t matter what devices I have connected, if I run a speed test now it will give me good results just like it would before last nights game and after last nights game ! The issue happens during games which either points to a “traffic management”  issue on VM side or I’m connected to the same node as every other sports fan in the neighbourhood!!!!!!  

Nobody can help you if you won't troubleshoot

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

He seems to think that the TV program and other devices don't use bandwidth.  

I'm out.

- jpeg1