cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not getting the right speed

GBaddy
Joining in

Hi hope someone can help, I’ve had a super hub 4 delivered with an upgrade to the 1GB service, from a super hub 3 and 350mbs. Ive been on the phone to virgin media all morning and they can’t seem to work out why I am only being sent 350mbs to my router. I’ve used SamKnows and everything seems to work from the router but the speed I am getting into the router isn’t what they have promised. They now want to assess this for 30 days, it seems fairly simple to me, is there a way I can get this resolved quicker? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

You need to check the Configuration tab in the Hub's admin pages.  For 1GB the Primary Traffic Flow should be something like 12000000 

It may also be prudent to do a factory reset and this will download the latest file for your Hub.

Try a 60 second pinhole reset as below;
Remove any ethernet cables from the Hub and hold the pinhole reset switch for 60 seconds. Do NOT reboot the Hub, just let it do it's thing. Note you will need the passwords from the bottom of the Hub afterwards, so make sure they are legible.

Note all speed tests need to be done wired directly to the Hub, VM do not guarantee wifi speeds.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

2 REPLIES 2

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

You need to check the Configuration tab in the Hub's admin pages.  For 1GB the Primary Traffic Flow should be something like 12000000 

It may also be prudent to do a factory reset and this will download the latest file for your Hub.

Try a 60 second pinhole reset as below;
Remove any ethernet cables from the Hub and hold the pinhole reset switch for 60 seconds. Do NOT reboot the Hub, just let it do it's thing. Note you will need the passwords from the bottom of the Hub afterwards, so make sure they are legible.

Note all speed tests need to be done wired directly to the Hub, VM do not guarantee wifi speeds.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Thank you so much. That worked! 

really appreciate your help thank you