cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not getting my Gig1 Fibre

padcontrol
Dialled in

Hi,

So I purchased the Ultimate Volt this April upgrading from the Ultimate Oopmh.

I currently have a Hub 5 router. I was told at the time the Hub 5 cannot activate the speed upgrade to Gig1 Fibre (I was on M600). I would need a Hub 4 sent out by Virgin Media to activate the upgrade which will be sent to me in June (as they were out of stock) and then send the Hub 4 back and connect up the Hub 5 again.

I rang Virgin today and was told by a very nice agent that I am only on M600, and to get the Gig1 fibre upgrade I would need to pay an extra £6/month.

I verbally agreed and signed a contract for a total price of £99 for the Ultimate Volt which included the Gig1 fibre, and now I'm being told the agent that sold me at that price was wrong and I would need to pay extra.

I of course disagreed and said they are breaking the terms of the contract.

The agent has now sent an email to the contracts team explaining that I agreed to that price for the Gig1 fibre upgrade, and it hopefully gets sorted.

Can someone explain what the heck is going on?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team
Forum Team

It has been a pleasure speaking with you.
Keep us updated with what happens next 🙂

Kind regards.

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

18 REPLIES 18

bulldog
Dialled in

welcome to virginmedia one say's one thing and the other says another especially when you talking to our oversea friends operators.we are still waiting after speaking to 6 different ops for an manager to call us back that's since january for some compo for our down time on all services and a missed apointment

Jodi_S
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi padcontrol,

Thanks for posting on our community forums. We do apologise regarding the confusion over your current package and what was advised about you upgrading.

So, we can see what has happened on your account and what was agreed, I will pop you over a private message to take some details so we can investigate this further for you.

Please click on the purple envelope to accept the chat.

Kind regards Jodi. 

padcontrol
Dialled in

Just an update for anyone following this:

Virgin are still not honouring the contract I verbally signed including the Gig1 speed.

I have been quoted 2 different prices if I wish to upgrade to Gig1, by 2 different agents.

I was already on M600 when I upgraded to the Volt Ultimate, so I should have the free boost to my internet to the next available package. Which again is not being honoured and I'm told I need to pay for the upgrade.

Will update if anything changes.

RJMD
Dialled in

Ultimate Volt is Gig1 broadband, as per their advertising. They should not be charging you more for the privilege - keep at them and complain, it worked for me 🙂

JD

Oh I will mate don't worry. I've given a scathing private message to one of the agents on forums. I may ring virgin today, but I'll see what happens first.

padcontrol
Dialled in

Just an update and bump.

Was resold the package and started a new contract with 1 gig now. Still needing some clarification on pricing. So needing a mod.

Will update further.

Thanks for coming back to us @padcontrol, my colleague is look into this via private message, I will ask them to get back to you as soon as possible with any further updates on these issues.

Regards,

Steven_L

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team
Forum Team

It has been a pleasure speaking with you.
Keep us updated with what happens next 🙂

Kind regards.

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team
Forum Team

Perfect! I'm glad we were able to sort out all the issues one by one 🙂

It has been a pleasure assisting you, always feel free to reach out to us whenever and wherever.

Enjoy your Sunday evening.

Kind regards. 

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team